(Protective brother)

Y/n, being the Curtis sister, was always surrounded by protective boys her life, but one of her brothers is just to protective.
———————————————————-

Y/n's POV
I stepped out of school and looked around for Aaron, my friend who offered to drive me home today. I said 'why not' because we've known each other for a while and we sometimes talk during lunch. The gang doesn't know about him though, I don't need them scaring him off.

I looked around until I saw him standing by his car with some of his friends. He saw me and waved me over. I smiled and walked over to his car. "Hey, Y/n" he greeted. "Hi" I smiled back.

"Guys this is, Y/n" he introduced me to his friends, who weren't socs nor greasers. I smiled and waved as they did the same.

"Well, I guess we should get going, Y/n" Aaron says opening the passenger side door for me. "It was nice meeting you guys" I said to his friends before getting in the car. I had told Pony that I'd be getting a ride home with Hannah, my other friend. "You to" his friends said before walking off with books in their hands.

Aaron got in the drivers seat. "So how was Ms. Simon's class?" He asked as he started the car. "Ah, it was okay. Could barley keep my eyes open" I chuckle a little at the last part.

"Hey, what about Pony and the gang, won't they wonder were you are?" He asked. "Nah, I told Pony I was getting a ride with Hannah. I don't exactly want them bugging you and stuff" I explain. "Quite frankly, neither do I" he chuckles.

"You wanna get a coke before heading home?" He asks. I nod "sure why not" he pulls into the Dairy Queen. He parked the car right outside as a waiter came over and took our orders.

"Two cokes please" Aaron says.

Soda's POV
"Hey Soda, what time it is!?" Steve hollered from the garage. I looked over at the clock that hung above the shelf. "10 to 4" I yell back. "Aight" I heard him half yell back. That means 10 minutes till we're done work.

I'm that time, I read a few magazines while nobody came in. Steve then came out and wiped his hands. "Ready to go, buddy?" He asked with a grin. I nodded "We'll see ya later boss" we called as we walked out. "Bye kids" he said back.

Steve and I walked down the street, heading our way home. "Hey buddy, ya wanna stop and get some burgers?" Steve asked as he lit a cigarette. "Definitely, I'm starving after boss made us work the long shift today" I replied as I heard my stomach growl. Steve chuckled "sure sounds like it" we laughed and continued to walk our way to the place we always get our burgers, Dairy Queen since it's closer then the Dingo.

Steve and I were walking up to the Dairy Queen, when he suddenly stoped me by my arm. "What, Steve?" I ask confused. He pointed to a blue car. I looked a little closer and saw,
Y/n! With what looked like to possibly be a soc! "Hell no!" I thought to myself but must have said it out loud by accident. I nodded to Steve to follow me to the car, He did. Boy was Y/n gonna be in trouble.

Y/n's POV
Aaron and I were sipping our cokes in the car by now. We both just looked around as we sipped our cokes. Aaron and I were the kinda friends now that could sit somewhere in complete silence and have it not be awkward.

I looked down at my coke, just as I was about to take another sip, the roof of the car was banged which caused me to jump a little. A head then poked in the drivers window that I recognized immediately, Soda!

"Soda, what are you doing here?" I ask. Then I see Steve appear behind him. "What are we doing here?..what are you doing here with this... piece of trash" Steve looked towards Aaron, giving him an ugly look. "He's not trash!" I defend him, because he really wasn't. Soda and Steve both ignored me as Steve  began to speak again.

"Ya know that's our girl ya got in there, eh?" Steve says. I know he didn't mean 'our girl' as in dating or anything, he meant it as in a protective brotherly way.

"Who said it was alright for you to drive my little sister home?" Soda asked Aaron. Aaron just looked back at me then back to Soda "well, Uh.."-"I did! Okay" I cut in.

"Well I say it's not alright. Come on, Y/n let's go" Soda says as he comes around and opens the passenger door. I give Aaron a sad look, knowing there's no point in fighting it. He gives me an understanding smile. I mouth 'thank you' for the cokes and everything to him before stepping out. I rolled my eyes at Soda. He shut the car door harder then he'd had to and I groaned at that as I walked passed Steve and started..home I guess? I know I didn't wanna be near either of them right now. Sometimes I really hate them.