("I did..")

(Requested 1-800-Tozier_ hope you like it!)

Y/n's POV
My feet rushed their way home quickly, getting a few car honks here and there from crossing the street so quickly. I wanted to get home. Tears were streaming down my face every second. Today had been yet, another day of hell with those socials in my class. They were girls, and they were rude. Rude and pure out mean.

I was walking to my next class, my books held against my chest. As I'm walking down the hall of all different groups, greasers, socs, middles, I felt a rough shove to my back, making me collide into a locker face first. My nose hit the hard locker, causing it to numb for a little while. I could still feel it hurt though, as blood started to ooze out.

I looked up as I held my nose, to see those soc girls laughing. Laughing and pointing at a humiliated and embarrassed me on the ground, holding my nose.

There was still dried blood all over my nose, and I could only imagine the looks I didn't dare to see as I was walking home. I left and ran straight out of school after that. You see, those girls have a reason to make fun of me. I never talk. I know, it sounds crazy, but I don't-haven't since...well, since my parents death. That was 5 months ago, and I still hadn't gotten over it.

I made it to the house, running inside and letting the door slam behind me. To my surprise, the whole gang was here, including all of my brothers.

Darry, Soda, and Steve were off work by now since it was a Friday, Twobit doesn't have a job, neither does the rest of the boys. They went to school to, but they went to high school, while I was still in elementary school. So they got home before me most days.

"Y/n?..what's the matter!?" Soda was the first to notice my state, standing immediately from the table where him and Steve were in the middle of a poker game.

By now, all eyes were on me, and I hated it. "Why's your nose bleeding?" Pony stood from the couch, followed by Dal "Somebody touch you?" Dal asked. I wiped the tears the best I could, trying to ignore the ones that kept falling down. On top of it, all their questions were starting to become overwhelming. They knew I didn't speak, and had dealt with it fairly well for the past few months.

"Y/n, who did this?" Darry used his stern voice. He had already risen from his chair. I stayed quiet, looking towards the ground, anywhere but their faces. Even Twobit and Steve had a look of concern planted on their face.

"Y/n, who"-Soda started, only for me to cut him off-"the stupid socs! Alright!?" I exclaimed as my head flung back up. Everybody's eyes were wide-or if you were Soda, sympathetic.

"It was the girls that did this" I cried, stuffing my face into my elbow. I hated crying-or showing any emotion in front of the boys. I hated the feeling of being vulnerable, and that's how it felt when I cried like this.

"Oh..Y/n" Soda said gently, taking a step towards me. "No" I cried, taking a step back from him. "It's not fair" my sleeve was soaked from tears leaking into it.

A pair of slim arms were wrapped around me, holding me tight, as Soda shushed me. I could feel my whole body getting heated, and not because of Soda's warmth, but because the whole gang was probably looking at me.

As soon as I pulled myself together, with the help of Soda, I pulled away and wiped the tear stains the best I could. To my surprise, most the boys were looking down. Except for Twobit, who was staring at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I mumbled, digging myself closer to Soda.

"You..talked" Twobit said, still staring. Just then, I realized he was right. I just talked after such a long time of not wanting to-not being able to. To be honest, it felt good. It felt great to be back in the presence of the gang, to talk with them again-to talk to my brothers again.

"I did" I smiled.