𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

You're told parents are supposed to protect you from the world, allow you to grow and become better than they are

You're told parents are supposed to protect you from the world, allow you to grow and become better than they are. They isolate you from learning that the world is a scary place until you grow up and learn it for yourself.

I jump at the sound of footsteps stopping at the heavy door, when the code beeps my heart relaxing knowing only three people have that code. "Fuck, gorgeous are you okay?" Mariano pulls me into his arms and finally have time to breathe.

"I'm okay but you're bleeding" I point to his shirt and he grins.

"Not mine, we need to leave" I hold my stomach while he holds my hand running through the house.

I'm pregnant.

The thought of me being pregnant with Enzo's child calms me more, all he's ever wanted was to bring us nothing but peace and yet we were going through hell right now.

"Where is he?" I begin to worry more when Mariano doesn't say anything. "Mariano, where is he?" he curses at himself before stopping, pulling me to the side behind the wall, covering my mouth with his hand.

"Trust me on this, he's more than safe but I promised him that I would keep you safe. Take this" he places his favorite knife of his in my hands.

Two loud footsteps come forward and Mariano tells me to stay out before stepping out with his hands up. "Is this anyway to enter someone's home? No text, no phone call" he says to the two gentlemen.

"How's the little girl doing DelRosa? Still having nightmares?" his jaw clenches at the mention of Iris, but it turns into a sadistic smile. One I had never seen on Mariano only his playful smirk.

In a blink of my eyes, his hands hold two guns directly at their heads before pulling the trigger.

"All I wanted was to catch up" he stands over them both, he pats the bald ones cheek removing his gun.

"Don't be to upset, I'll be sure to give the wife a kiss goodnight" then he turns to me.

"Maybe write the kids a Christmas card that daddy's gone on a very long vacation."

Mariano drove past a car that seemed to have blown up and I noticed it's the same car they left in but it only had one body in it. "Don't worry it's not him" I nod calmly.

He drove into a dark warehouse before the lights turned on. He drives off going to go check on Iris.

Enzo was torturing a man with his white shirt filled with dirt and blood that wasn't his, his hair was drenched from sweat and there was only anger in his eyes. He yanked the guys hair back, repeatedly sending his fist into his abdomen.