𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

A soaring pain in my left hip grew

A soaring pain in my left hip grew. When I looked down, Enzo's heavy arm was thrown over my waist as his fingers were intwined with mine. His head was uncomfortably placed on the side of the bed. I tried to move but he would only hold onto me tighter like he was afraid I would let go.

It's been two days since my surgery, the bullet hadn't hit anywhere fatal it just hurts like a bitch. Enzo refused to leave my side even when the doctor told him about visiting hours.

"Enzo, please move" he groaned shaking his head like a child making me laugh but it caused more pain. When I winced loudly he threw his head up before looking down at me.

"Fuck, I'm sorry" his voice was quiet holding instant regret. His hand fell to my cheek as his thumb caressed it, it closed my eyes falling into his touch. Enzo then ripped his hand away before clearing his throat, I could tell something was wrong with him.

"Enzo" I called out but he was lost in deep thought, placing my hand on top of his he snapped out of whatever he was thinking about.

"I love you" he said placing a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you Enzo, now tell me what's wrong?" he shook his head at the same time Mariano walked in with a little girl who reassembled him.

Her brown hair was braided down her back, she had his brown eyes that resembled the sun along with the light green on the outskirts.

"Gorgeous, I want you to meet Iris" the little girl waved her small hand at me. I held her as Mariano and Enzo walked out to talk. She held out the stuffed giraffe as she giggled when I placed it back in her hands.

When Enzo returned she moved from me straight into his hands as he lifted her into the air then down into his arms.

"Someone tells me you got into a fight at school" she waits for his reaction, when he gives her a small high five it makes Mariano roll his eyes. Mariano then comes to my side pressing a kiss to my forehead and taking my hand.

"She's beautiful Mariano" I say as we watch Iris's face burn red when Enzo tickles her stomach. Her laugh then triggers his own which makes my heart jump at the sight.

"I've never seen him.. smile" He points out Enzo's dimple on his right and left cheek. "I'm not talking about grinning, I mean a genuine smile one that he means."

"He thinks it's his fault you're in here" I scrunch my brows together. That explains why he's been distant since I woke up except for the constant reassurance that he loves me.

"Come on little flower" Mariano takes Iris as she waves us goodbye and they leave Enzo and I alone. When the door shuts I cross my arms when he rubs the nape of his neck. I sigh holding my arms out for him. He sits on the side of the bed instead, I can't help but feel the sting in my heart.

"Enzo, it's not your fault, nothing that has happened to me or us is your fault" I say.

"What are you thinking about?" I start to panic when he stands up running a hand threw his hair. "Enzo talk to me."