𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

The sleeping beauty lies on my chest slightly awake while I let the tips of my fingers gently brush over her arm

The sleeping beauty lies on my chest slightly awake while I let the tips of my fingers gently brush over her arm. Her legs tangled in with my own, her head lying directly over my heartbeat. Her brown eyes drowned like honey flutter open, I felt her soft lips gently press over my heart.

She leans up pressing more kisses around my inked sin cherishing each scar, each heart ache and break. I can't help feeling my heart beat faster with her touch. Each kiss was like heaven; they only brought me life.

She straddles my lap looking down at me tracing each ridge of my abs and muscles. "Happy birthday Enzo" she finally says. I try to reach out for her when she climbs off my lap but fail when she skips over to a black box with a golden bow on it.

I sit up against the headboard and she places it in my lap. "I hope you like it" she nervously bites her lip watching me untie the knot.

Inside the box is a painting, the painting shows my mother holding me as a child. "Mariano painted it for me, and I found the photo in that closed off room you.. I'm sorry if it was an invasion of privacy but I just wanted to give you something"-

I cut her off with a kiss on her lips, I pulled her onto the bed making her straddle me once more. "It's perfect, you're perfect. I love you Violette" I can't help but let a tear fall past my eyes looking at the painting, for years I haven't been able to look at a photo of her, not once.

She would have loved Violette.

She sits between my legs with her back pressed against my chest smiling down at the painting. "I was four in this photo. She brought me my first camera and I couldn't put it down to save my life. I took photos of everything, her, myself, little things that made her smile. When she died in my arms, I believed that I wasn't going to be happy ever again. That all people would see me as a broken man who was broken since he was a child" I turned her face to me so I could stroke her cheeks.

"But you aren't Enzo" her thumb softly strokes over my hand tattoo. "You saw your mother die in your arms, no child or adult should ever see that at such a young age. You have a good heart it's just been through so much" she then traced her name over my heart, I closed my eyes just feeling the moment in her arms.

I want this woman for the rest of my life, every part of her, every breathe she takes. All the times she'd ignore me for small things, her laugh, her kind heart. Her addicting lips to each beautiful stretch mark she had on her hips. I wanted all of it for the rest of my life and yet I didn't know how to say the three words.

Simple is what someone would call them.

Saying them to Violette would be more than just simple, I wanted them to be special. Words she'd go to sleep hearing and smiling when she thought of them.