𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐕

𝐕

"𝐀𝐑𝐄 you sure you'll be okay with her?" I fixed my mother's pillow behind her back. I recently got enough money to hire a home nurse for her, to take care of her when I'm at work.

"I assure you everything will be fine" Her nurse's name was Anne, her short cut red hair styled in a small ponytail in the back. Leaving her a bowl full of chopped up fruits along with sliced pancakes dining in syrup.

"I'll see you when I get home okay" my mother weakly held her hand up to me, kissing her cheek I shut the door to her room.

Locking the door of the apartment I bumped into someone. "Excuse me bella" he said.

Shaggy brown hair with small curls on top, he pounded his fist on Daniel's door. Daniel opened the door seeing me first ready to yell at me until he saw the stranger next to me his face turning into one of pure terror at the Italian man.

"Mariano crap.. what are you doing here" he cleaned off the small pizza crumbs on his shirt.

"He wants his money Danny, he hates waiting you know that" Mariano patted his cheek. Taking the knife from his pocket he placed the sharp blade in the middle of Daniel's chest.

"I haven't gotten it all" he glared at me.

"Get the money soon or I'll carve my name on your stomach got it" Daniel nodded furiously.

"Continue with your day" he said to me with a nice smile leaving.

Daniel once again grabbed my wrist, the smell of junk food and beer coming from his mouth.

"Get my money by tonight" he seethed slamming his door in my face.

A black car right outside the building with a kind gentleman outside. "Are you Violet?"

"Yes"

"Mr. Romano requested me as your driver for the time as his dancer" He was a bit short, but he seemed really friendly. Opening the door for me in the passenger side he jogged over to his side.

"Excuse my manners signora, I'm Garrett" I recognized him now, he was the man that always helped me walk to my uber when I went home.

It was also so dark a night we didn't even recognize each other in day light—he drove down the streets but the place we went wasn't the bar.

"Where are we going?"

"Mr. Romano requested you to meet him at this location" It was a cafe with a fancy opening on the outside—something told me this belonged with him also. Enzo only sent another check to me this morning with no message.