𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

The view of white snow fell upon the window, I ran a hand through my wet hair

The view of white snow fell upon the window, I ran a hand through my wet hair. The grey cloud of smoke filled the room, the smell of the cigarette mixed with the dark sky.

I throw my head back closing my eyes only regretting it the moment the memory flashes through out my mind.

"Mama!" I called for her pretending to have hurt my arm, holding it close to my chest, she ran quickly before crouching down to my short height.

With worried eyes, I threw open my arms revealing the white rose. "Happy birthday mama!" I exclaimed making her smile appear, she pulled me into her arms careful not to ruin the delicate flower and it's beautiful petals.

"Grazie mio amore" (Thank you my love). I took her hand opening the large black doors, outside rained snow, my mother's blue eyes widened almost sparkled when she saw the snow.

Her lavender dress blew threw the crazy wind when she ran outside holding my hand. I held the cold snow in my hands before tossing it up in the air for it to rain upon us.

"It's wonderful mama look!" I jumped making prints with my shoes. She fell onto her knees doing the same with her hands as if she couldn't believe it was snowing.

Our first time seeing snow.

She turned on her back holding me close. "You'll get a cold" I scolded her crossing my arms and frowning.

She laughed pinching the bridge of my nose, the white snow fell on her black hair which matched my own. I was happy to see her smiling after hearing her crying the few past days.

Soon the joyful time was ruined when my father pulled me away from her. "August please wait" she called, he didn't listen he reached for something in his pocket. When I saw the gun aimed at me I looked to my mother in fear.

"You or the boy Sofia" She got on her knees pulling at his black shirt. He speaks about me as if I wasn't his son.

"August don't do this, lascialo  fuori da tutto questo!" (Leave him out of this)

"I don't have time for this."

He aimed the gun at her this time, I ran in front of it but she pulled my back. "Enzo, look at me" I shut my eyes tightly as she wiped the tears fallen onto my cheek, they felt like ice hitting the ground nothing compared to what my heart was feeling.

"I love you Enzo, I love you so much. Don't ever stop smiling mi amore, your smile is precious too me and it always will be"  I shook my head in her hands.