Chapter 014

A/n ; I'M REALLY SORRY FOR TAKING LIKE A CENTURY TO UPDATE Y'ALL FREFJNERTF this book will end fast I promise

14 : overthinking

❝ You two don't remember each other? ❞ The mothers questioned while unbelievably staring at their generations, being dumbfounded than ever

❝ You two don't remember each other? ❞ The mothers questioned while unbelievably staring at their generations, being dumbfounded than ever. ❝ No? ❞ , Jaeyun firmly stated while piercing a gaze through his circular glasses.

Pretty sure that Jangmi's name was foreign to his ears, until this year when he first met her freezing herself to death in the cold.

Jangmi with an uninterested expression just sat still on the couch with her leg resting on one of her thigh as she diverted a gaze on the goody two shoes.

❝ Well, it could be possible since you kids haven't met for ages. It's a great thing that destiny gathered us again. Isn't it, Chaeyoung-ah? ❞ The old woman, who Jangmi assumed was Jake's mother, patted her friend's shoulder as they were seated on the couch.

A horrible destiny.

Their important reunion for all Jangmi cared was useless, and stressing her out since it'll be even harder for her to get rid of the annoying tutor who she currently had, thanks to her mother who's doing whatever she wanted with her life.

-

❝ Are you sure about that? I mean, I think you should just give her some time. Maybe she thinks it's not the right timing yet for a relationship. ❞ Jake whispered to his pally friend who plastered an unpleasant expression ever since this morning.

The two were—more like Jake being the bookworm he was, at the library, picking out books out of different genres to read, accompanied by his sulky friend who appeared to be in a bad mood the whole day.

And yes, it's all caused by the tomboy who he's hitting on after her indirect confession of taking him as—❝ A reliable brother or friend, that's what she probably thinks of me. ❞ The smart guy in his circular glasses lifted his eyes upwards.

❝ She thought she's going to lose me when I confessed that I had feelings for her. Great, right? ❞ Sarcastically mocking himself, the salty guy just faked some laughs that weren't sincerely out of his heart.

❝ Eh? ❞ The Australian guy friend of Jay's just quirked his brows upwards before heading towards the counter to officially borrow the selected books hugged close to his chest.

❝ I mean, it's the best to move on from your romantic feelings if you both are afraid to lose each other as friends. ❞ Jake advised, feeling a bit sorry that he had to speak like this to his friend but he didn't really have any other option left if he really wished his friend for a better love life.

Rather than longing with a love that's unrequited, it's the best for an excellent person like Jongseong to get himself tangled into a pure romance wherein the two felt the same for each other and set himself free from this one-sided love.