Epilogue ( updated ver. )

ılı.lıllılı.ıllı.
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
Play the song from above⬆️
Song:"Ghost" by Justin Bieber

A/n : updated with 2024 version bcs someone requested !!

00 : Defiantly Yours.

Jay took the fastest flight from America to Korea after getting a call from Jake

Jay took the fastest flight from America to Korea after getting a call from Jake. The younger delivered him the news he didn't want to hear. He swore he couldn't hear his heart beating anymore after getting the news of Jangmi's sudden death.

Wasting no time, Jongseong went to Jangmi's end-of-life gathering as the first thing he did when he arrived to South Korea. He reluctantly made it through the hallways and to a memorial altar of a face he couldn't believe he was seeing.

It was Jangmi in the photo frame. Park Jangmi, his poor Jangmi.

Jake spotted his friend next to Jangmi's parents who were greeting the new comers, but the poor boy didn't have the courage to stare at Jongseong. He'd failed to save her. He couldn't keep his promise with Jay.

Jay felt his eyes well up with tears as his throat was getting dry. This couldn't be real.

❝ Jake, that's not our Jangmi, r-right? ❞ He stuttered while forcing a bitter smile on himself.

The mentioned boy looked restless as his hair covered his eyes that looked down. Jake knew he'd be a crying a mess too if he looked into the eyes of Jay.

At his friend's lack of response, Jay's legs gave up as he crouched down on the floor. It was the truth before his eyes. He'd really lost his Jangmi from this world. He couldn't even be there for her at her last moment.

He uncontrollably shed tears in front of Jangmi's photo frame decorated with roses. Seeing her bright smile and beautiful picture wounded Jay's heart even more. He felt like it was about to be ripped off into pieces.

It was the funeral for Park Jangmi today. Jake was out of energy as he was resulted having swollen eyes from all those cries he'd made on the mourning of his love.

His heart was still a disastrous mess as it never healed since the day she passed away. It ached so bad that Jake's afraid he's not being the usual him.

After all, he knew. He knew how much it would sting to handle the loss of his heart's true owner.

She couldn't keep her promise with him- and she was more than sorry for her absence by Jake's side.