Prologue

A/n : I hope y'all are prepared for the cringe cuz goddamn this shit is unedited asf!! 😹

CW 🚭 // smoking

00 : bratty

The girl whose hands were occupied by a cigarette just roamed her eyes around the breathtaking view as she felt at ease by gazing up to the cotton candy clouds

Unlike their softness, Park Jangmi had a spoiled attitude and manners, her nature far from fragile or optimistic.

She hadn't smoked all day until now.

Inhaling the foul smoke, a result of her terrible addiction, she felt a sense of satisfaction as she exhaled while leaning against the rooftop barrier that prevented her from falling.

Don't do drugs they say, but did she care? No.

Massaging her tired eyelids, Jangmi tried to clear her blurry vision, a gift from her insomnia the previous night..

She flipped her short black hair back, exhaling a sigh as she admired the sky. The slowly moving clouds brought her a peace she couldn't express in words.

Far from all the toxic people..

How nice it must be to wander the sky at ease.

Despite her Barbie-like looks, as people might say, Jangmi never showed her feminine side—she refused to. Her jaw was perfect, her nose pointed as if sculpted by gods, and her eyes were the best.

Her tie was loosened disorderly since she found it suffocating to wear.

Stepping on the used weed, the boyish female figure deleted all of the traces behind that she smoked in school.

Of course, it wasn't allowed, but no one had seen her do it.

Chewing on a mint gum to destroy the smoky breath, Jangmi refreshed her foul breath as if she didn't do a suspicious thing at all.

Jangmi was used to her so-called appearance being judged by many. People will be people, no doubt they would judge. 

❝ Knock knock, ❞ a familiar voice said. Jangmi looked up to see her cute friend, the class president.

❝ Your homework. ❞ Sunoo outstretched his arms which were flooding with a pile of books that his classmates submitted earlier.

Jangmi awkwardly laughed before randomly making up a stupid excuse. ❝ My dog ate it, hehe. ❞ Sunoo sighed heavily before placing the homework books on the desk beside Jangmi.

❝ Bruh, you don't even have a dog, Jangmi. ❞ The generous president had befriended the tomboy after a few interactions, though they weren't close enough to share deep secrets. Thus, Sunoo didn't know about Jangmi's self-destructive tendencies.

❝ That doesn't mean that it can't be an imaginary dog. ❞ Jangmi just lightly shrugged her shoulders in a carefree manner. Sunoo was also known as the only one to approach a quiet weirdo like her among all of the students in the class.

❝ Sigh, are you sure that you can handle another scolding from Ms. Lee? ❞ Sunoo was concerned for his friend, who tolerated a lot. Half the teachers hated her because she seemed like a brat to them.

❝ Tch, do you think that I'm a weak little missy or what? ❞ Flipping her hair back, the tomboy spoke with a devastating smirk meanwhile Sunoo just shook his head.

After checking the list of students who had submitted their assignments, the middle-aged teacher was disappointed to see one name missing. The brat of the class always tainted her clever students' reputation.

❝ Park Jangmi, where the hell is your homework?! ❞ Raising her deep and echoing voice, their homeroom teacher questioned.

❝ I don't know, have you seen it? ❞ Jangmi's witty response was funny to the whole class but the elderly remained a strict expression before clashing her cane to the blackboard.

❝ Meet me at my office, NOW. ❞

Well, things didn't seem to work well after that.

❝ I'm afraid that I have no choice but to meet your parents based on your bratty attitude towards the teachers and your disobedience throughout classes. ❞

Jangmi blew a bubble with her gum, barely caring about the teacher's words.

❝ And your grades are even worse than burnt muffins. ❞ Jangmi acted to be offended with a dramatic face, which would easily annoy their naggy homeroom teacher who thinks she's right all the time.

' Gee teacher, I know that my grades are horrible. No need to rub it on my face. '

❝ You won't make it through the rest of the senior year like this. You might have to drop out. ❞

That sounded fun to Jangmi—escaping this hellhole. But what about her future? No thoughts.

❝ And don't you know that girls are told to wear a skirt? ❞ The woman judgmentally pointed out another unsatisfying fact of the bratty tomboy.

Jangmi always breaks the dress code, and she wasn't going to hesitate to in the future as well.

Rather than wearing those uncomfortable short skirts, Jangmi preferred to wear baggy trousers which boys wore and people could easily mistake her for a male thanks to her short haircut.

❝ I'll give you two weeks to improve and change for your upcoming exams. ❞

Jangmi furrowed her brows. This woman really expected her to become a smarty-pants in just a few weeks??

❝ Find yourself a tutor. ❞

 ❞