I nod.

"And as far as anyone is concerned, I didn't tell you about any of this," he adds, violently stabbing his salad with his fork, shoving a bite in his mouth.

"Yes, Master," I reply, trying to stifle my laughter.

He quirks an eyebrow at me as he swallows his food. "Why are you laughing?" He asks, sounding just a little indignant.

"It's just... the way you stabbed your salad," I reply, another giggle escaping my throat.

James narrows his eyes at me but he's smirking. "You find that funny, slave?" He asks me.

"Yes, Master, I do," I reply.

James repeats his action, more dramatically this time, and I burst into laughter, unable to control myself.

"Someone's easily amused," he says, shaking his head at me as he takes another bite of his salad.

It takes me a moment to compose myself. "I suppose I am," I reply. We continue to eat the rest of the meal in silence.

When we're done James stands up. "Come on, Erin. I need to check your back and make sure I didn't do too much damage," he tells me.

I nod, getting up from the table. James offers me his hand and I take it as we head up the stairs. We enter his room and he guides me over to the sleek black sofa.

"Lay down on your stomach," he instructs and I do as I'm told. "I'll be right back," he tells me before heading into his bathroom.

He comes back a moment later with a bottle of lotion, pulling the chair from his desk over to the sofa. He sits down, pulling my shirt up. I tense at his touch.

"Relax, Erin," James coaxes and I do, using my arms as a pillow as he tenderly runs his fingers over my back. He applies a little more pressure on a specific spot and I suck in a sharp breath from the pain.

"I got you good there," James says as he tenderly rubs the lotion into the spot. Almost immediately the pain begins to dissipate, a soothing sensation replacing it.

He finds the other places that make me gasp in pain, applying the lotion there too, until my pain is mostly gone.

"Is that better?" He asks me.

"Yes, Master," I murmur in response. He continues to massage my back with his fingertips, making me sleepy again.

"You're not falling asleep on me are you?" James asks playfully, running his thumb along the curve of my neck.

"Mmhmm," I reply drowsily, wanting nothing more than sleep right now.

"Come on, let's get you some coffee," he says, running his fingers through my hair.

"Isn't it a little late for coffee?" I ask, turning my head to meet his gaze.

"It's only seven," James replies with a shrug. "I don't normally go to bed until eleven."

I force myself to sit up, dropping my shirt back down over my torso.

James smirks at me deviously. "I marked you good earlier," he says, glancing down at my wrists where the rope marks are still prominent. "I left quite a few marks on you, actually," he adds, his words dripping with satisfaction.

I realize my back must be riddled with bruises also and I scowl at him. "You're cruel," I say matter-of-factly.

James' eyes glisten with sinister intentions. "Oh, my dear little slave," he breathes out, causing goose bumps to rise on my skin. "Whatever gave you the impression that I wasn't?" He asks me.