A Lie Guarded 46.

I was looking down at the chip. I looked over at Raven. She was looking at the computer. She looked like she was in pain.

"Raven?" I asked. She started gasping. She was having a seizure. "Raven?" I said standing up. I ran over to her.

"Abby!" I yelled. Abby and Jackson came running down. Jackson and Abby picked her up.

"On her side, on her side," Abby said. "I have a reaper stick in my bag," Abby said.

"Hurry," I shouted at Jackson. He got up and ran to her bag.

"Hold her legs," Abby said. I grabbed her legs. Jackson handed Abby the reapers stick. Raven started spitting up blood. Abby stabbed Raven in the neck with it. Raven stopped seizing. There was blood all over her face.

"What the hell?" I said looking at her.

"Engrave something in it," Jackson said. I looked over at him. "The flame has an infinity symbol. Put your own" Jackson said. I smiled slightly. I looked at my chest. I picked up a razor blade. I engraved a sun into it. I smiled.

"How does it work?" He asked. He didn't know about the commanders in my head or me being Messheda.

"It's going to help stabilize my temperature along with my neural pathways," I said picking it up.

"What's wrong with your neural pathways?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"They don't feel like they used to," I said with a laugh.

"It was so real, like I was space-walking again, Zero-G with no suit," Raven said jumping up. I stood up.

"Hey," I said. She smiled at me. "I'm not crazy." She said.

"No one thinks you are," Abby said.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know... What happened when you tried to get the nightblood protein to bond with Luna's DNA?" Raven asked.

"The structure of the RNA fell apart," Abby said. I hate molecular science. "Why?" Abby said.

"Abby, she just had a seizure," Jackson said.

"Because I think I know why Becca couldn't make it work in this lab," Raven said looking around. "Computer, show me prototype nightblood RNA binding in a Zero-G environment," Raven said walking over to the computer.

"It would work," Abby said staring at the screen.

"Your hallucination told you this?" Jackson said.

"Yes. When I imagined I was weightless, my neurons must have been firing faster than my conscious mind could process." Raven said. I thought about it.

"Communicating through your subconscious," I said with a sigh.

"Exactly," Raven said. I shook my head.

"How do we simulate zero gravity in a laboratory environment?" Abby asked.

"I'm gonna go outside for a moment," I said.

"It's you," I said. Becca appeared beside me.

"Yes." She said. I sighed. "How?" I asked.

"The chip," She said. I wiped my forehead. "Go take the chip," Becca said. I sighed. I looked at her.

"Leave Raven be for now. Please." I said. She nodded. I got up and walked back inside.

I ate some of my rations as I walked down the steps. I misstepped and tripped. "Ow," I said as I hit the floor.

"Xania? Are you okay?!" Raven said. I groaned and sat up. I looked around. I was outside. There were tall buildings surrounding me. I looked around. People picked me up and carried me. There was a large pile of wood in front of me. People were chanting and shouting at me as I looked around. The people hoisted me onto a cross of wood.

"Wait. Wait, please!" I shouted. Someone with a torch approached me.

"I just wanted to help you!" I shouted. They lit the wood underneath me. I screamed as the flames burned me alive.

I gasped. I shot up. I choked. I screamed.

"Get it off!" I shouted and cried as I patted my body.

"Xania! Xania!" Abby shouted. I opened my eyes. It was Abby. I sniffed. I was breathing heavily. I looked around. I swallowed. It felt like smoke was in my lungs. I coughed.

"You're okay," Abby said. I coughed some more.

"What was that?" Raven asked. I looked at her. " A warning," I said. I felt something in my neck. I touched my neck.

"You put it in?" I asked Raven. She nodded.

"You weren't waking up. I thought it might have helped. It did" She said. I sighed. I looked around.

"Oh, god," I said touching my stomach.

"What is it?" Abby asked. I ran toward the corner of the room. I puked. It was blood. I coughed. I wiped my mouth. I sniffed.

"gross," I said standing up.

"Is that your blood?" Raven asked. I wiped my eyes.

"I think so," I said.

"Sit down," Abby said. I groaned and sat down. "Let's run some tests, okay?" She said. I nodded.