Wanheda pt 1 26.

I was sitting in the chancellor's room with Abby and My father. My father was writing on the see-through whiteboard. I was on the couch next to Abby. Well, technically Abby was on top of me. She had her head resting in my lap. She hadn't slept in two days. I was reading as she slept. My father looked to be mapping out something.

A knock sounded at the door. I looked up. Bellamy walked in.

"We're ready to head out to Sector 7. I need your authorization to give them all guns" Bellamy said.

"Shh," My father and I said at the same time. Bellamy looked at me. He looked back at my father.

"We need her. Azgeda is dangerous" Bellamy said in a hushed tone. My father looked at me.

"I give you permission to use the guns. But Xania is staying here. She needs to practice her Trigedaslang." He said looking at me. I just rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure a language can wait-"

"She's staying. End of conversation" My father said turning back to his whiteboard. Bellamy just sighed. He walked out of the room.

"My Trigedaslang is... fine. Why do you really want me here?" I asked looking at him.

"I need your help actually," Abby said from my lap. I looked down at her. I raised an eyebrow. Abby sat up.

"As much as I would like you out there finding my daughter... I need you to teach the kids how to fight. As much as I don't want to they need to learn how to" She said picking up her jacket. I just sighed and nodded.

"Right" I yelled and watched the pre-teens swing their arms around. This was humiliating. "Left" I yelled and watched everyone. I heard a thud. I turned to my right. A kid fell. Everyone seemed to just back up. "Help her up! What are you doing!" I yelled at everyone. They just looked at me and stood around awkwardly. I walked toward the little girl. She looked up at me.

There was something about her eyes. They seemed familiar. "What's your name," I said extending my hand out for her to grab. She grabbed my hand and stood up.

"Emma," She said as she dusted herself off.

"Well, Emma. You put too much weight on your back foot." I said looking at her. She looked down. "Everyone watch me and do as I do," I said walking to the front of the group. I got into stance. I looked around at everyone. They copied my stance. "Right jab!" I yelled and quickly punched the air with my right hand. I heard little grunts. "Left jab!" I yelled and did the same with my left. I turned around.

"Practice. Stay in sync. If you go out of synch you do 15 pushups" I said circling the group. Everyone seemed to adjust to each other. They stayed in synch as I said.

"You know you could lighten up on them a bit. They're just 12 and 13-year-olds" Abby said from my left. I looked at her.

"I could... but if I did we wouldn't have any warriors now would we?" I said turning back to the kids. Everyone seemed to have the jab down.

"Alright! Next move" I said walking to the front. "Copy me," I said. "You're gonna do a 1, 2," I said. Everyone looked at me confused. I just got back into my stance. I went slower so that they could see what I was doing. "Right foot forward left-back. Body" I said swinging my right arm low. "Head," I said swinging my arm around 5 inches higher than my last hit.

"You want to hit right under or on the ribs," I said looking around. They didn't seem to understand. "Emma," I said looking at her. She looked up at me.

"Y-yes?" She asked.

"Come here," I said waving her over. She looked around then nodded. "I want you to punch me in the ribs then the face," I said looking at her. She looked scared. "Don't worry. I can take a hit" I said getting into my fighting stance.