Chapter 2

November, 2002.

If I looked back to the relationship we had before, I could proudly say that we maintained it well. It was more than a year since we had first met.
We knew each other better than we had before , still bounded to the friendship we had .We never really confessed our feelings.

I was oblivious to the fact that we could be more, and he, was still the same overconfident, popular guy I became friends with, who very interestingly was also looked upon as a life saviour.
I, on the other hand was still the same pretentious girl I had been since as long as I could remember.

This one day, I decided to call him after a whole one and a half year. The funny thing was that, we never had a conversation via phone call. I guess it just wasn't our thing, and as for him, talking on calls wasn't his cup of tea, it was suffocating for him, and awkward for the person on the other end.

But, I dialled his number anyways. I opened my diary, looked for his name, and gave him a call, my heartbeat was going wild, (running over a kilometre per hour...?)

"Hello.." was his first word as he answered my call, on which I asked him whether he was busy, and if I was distrubing him, but he cut me off in the middle of my rant, and told me that he was free to talk. Fifteen minutes into the call and our conversation took an intense turn.
Breaking free of all gender norms, I finally asked him "Do you have feelings for me..." my blood was rushing through my ears and I was wondering if I had crossed any unsaid boundaries that I had.

But then he replied with "If I didn't, I wouldn't be talking to you and wasting the past 20 minutes, of my precious life".

We smiled knowingly on both of our ends, we knew it was the beginning of something new.

Thinking back to it, it was the weirdest confession ever. No magical words, no forever promises, it was just the feeling we had for each other, and that's what mattered the most.

_____

Did you like the way they proposed their feelings?