Chapter 17

I walked through the hallway, making my way out of the house. Cherishing the new found freedom, that I had just got after spending a complete month under house arrest. :')

It took me round about 15 minutes to change and get ready into something decent. Not to forget how I had admired myself in front of the mirror before leaving.
A green pastel coloured tank top with beige baggy pants, jet black hair that perfectly laid down and rested just over my shoulder blade and a cute infinity necklace, gifted to me by Ivaan.

I miss him, I thought, but I knew I had to convince him to forget his vexations, well that wasn't an easy job.

I stepped out of the house, spreading my thin arms and welcome the 'oh so sweet' air of freedom.

I looked like a cameo penguin with stick arms trying to make my way to present my 'mating rock' to my 'partner'.

Sounds dramatic though.

I took out my cell phone and dialled Margon's number, waiting eagerly for him to pick up the call.

"Hey Margon, what's up? ", I chuckled.

"Are you trying to be cheesy for the favour of putting Ivaan on conference? ", he giggled, until when Ivaan snatched away the phone from his hand.

I could imagine the scenario there.

His cold face, eyes narrowed on Margon, glaring him with the expression, 'that's my girl stay away from her.'
Though he won't be saying it, as it would hurt his non expressive shitty ego.

"Hey Margon, if you are able to hear me then I'll be meeting you guys in front of the book store in exact five minutes. You already know I don't like to wait." I commanded,  with as much of an authoritative voice as my lungs would allow me to get comfortable with.

"Wait? Are you allowed? " Ivaan questioned, shocked to believe that I would finally meet him.

"Yes, now hurry up or else I'll go back home." I threatened amusingly.

It was so good to hear his voice after one month of silence. I could feel the moisture in my eyes, but I wasn't in a frame of mind to spoil my mood, 'atleast not today', I had thought.

I was more than pleased to find the two idiots already waiting for me, Ivaan's height towering above Margon, as usual. He looked hot, his biceps had got a lot more puffer, while his white T shirt fitted his well toned body.

I knew he wanted to smile at me and hug me so tight, to never let me go again, but he would not do it, atleast not till the time I bring him out of his anger, or his ego would be bruised.

"Are you still mad at me Ivaan?" I teased, while he groaned rolling his eyes to the point it seemed like they would remain stuck at the back of his skull.

I could see the colour rising in his cheeks, but I decided not to comment on it in front of his friend.

After a while of gibberish talking , Margon decided to leave us alone to solve the disputes that Ivaan had against me. Such a drama queen this man can be at times.

We made our way to a nearby Chinese restraunt, slurping noodles down our system, with an ultimate goal to feed our empty stomachs.

He seemed normal for most of the time, as if there wasn't any convincing required on my part, or any explanation on my behalf to make him  understand my side of the story, as if our differences hadn't been the reason behind  his prolonged silence up until now.

Great, let's play pretend now! Yay!

Though I have to admit, I was happy about not having to swallow the hard pill and just letting things go the way they were already.

We had been chilling together the entire day, be it topping over the pizza with extra sauce and messing the table or the silly costume party we did at Margon's house, earning his Dad's scoldings in return. Even that was fun.

Now it was around 5:55 pm and Ivaan was  walking with me towards the lane in front of my house.

"I loved today", I chuckled. "With you in it, especially".

His face softened, but his eyes said a different story.

"I don't know if I trust you anymore Nova, I just  cannot. I really don't know if you would take my side...when I need you too, but it isn't about me or my ego being bruised. Obviously your uncle is your only family here, and I cannot ask you to pick a side, it's unfair to you. But you know what else is unfair? Allowing yourself to be treated like this. Allowing him to believe that, what matters to you is irrelevant because he wouldn't allow it to you anyway." He said with disappointment and sadness in his eyes.

"But..", I whispered when suddenly he held my arms sharply wth his hands, tightening his grip over his hold.

"I don't want any of your fucking reasons Nova, you took your uncle's side when I was fighting with him over you. It isn't even about my ego being hurt or whatever, its just as simple as me, standing up for you to be treated the way he should treat you, and you, letting yourself be treated that way. I wasn't asking you to chose either of our sides, I just wanted you to choose, yourself." He rebuked.

I was too hurt to speak anything.

"I was being all normal today but that doesn't mean that I had forgotten what all had happened that day. When are you going to take a stand for yourself?" He continued.

Tears fell from my eyes, he was unbelievable.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to cause harm to any one of us. I just didn't know what to do...it wasn't an easy day, and I was just too fucked up to speak up for myself...please forgive me." I stuttered.

"Don't cry now." He said wiping my tears away.

"If you wouldn't have been this cute, I would have left you the same day." He said, giving me a peck on my cheeks, as if trying to convey his feelings through his actions.

"Go now, other wise your uncle will scold you again." He said, slightly raising the corner of his lips.

Was he smiling? God, why is he such a rock hearted person at times.

I reached home exactly at 6 pm, uncle didn't seem angry as such. Surprise! Though he had just woken from his sleep, but anyway.

That day was a turning point in our lives. This was the first time he had complimented me. I had wondered as to how many girls he had  complimented before I came into in his life, but that wasn't even a question because I knew I was the first one.

So, summing it up, I had quite a rollercoaster day, and I learned some big lessons, scratch that though. I had a good day with some of the best people, and I learned some important things along the way. That day was like a fresh breeze of the awareness that, the freedom that comes with life also teaches you responsiblity. Yes, there you go.

________

Do you think Ivaan was right?
Comment your views below.