Chapter-39

*******
~Claire~

We had reached the hospital and the atmosphere had already started to become tense. The doctors had already given the time of 2 days that Nova could survive if the surgery wasn't successful. Only 10% of people have survived the surgery till now and Ivaan believes that Nova is among the 10% people.

His love for Nova is unconditional. There hasn't been a day that he hasn't discussed about her. Even when we were at Nova's parents house, after every hour he used to remember her. I am not sure if Nova will survive, but if she will then I know I'll be the second most happiest person in the planet, first being Ivaan himself.

I can see Ivaan waiting just outside the operation theatre, he hasn't removed his gaze from there. I haven't seen him this distrub in his life. I know he is swinging between a life and death situation because even Nova is doing the same. I just cannot try to differentiate the two of them. That won't ve justice to the beautiful couple they make. I am worried as to how will Ivaan think of surviving if something happens to Nova. Since all these years, one thing is fixed and that is Ivaan cannot imagine to survive without her.

The bond that they share, the love that they have for each other, I don't even know how God can ve this cruel to them when he clearly knows that they love for each other.

I could hear Sophia's snores since then. She doesn't have any special bonding with them, she's just grateful that they've adopted her and have aspired to give a beautiful life to her. Being in such a tender age, she is just interested in having a lavish life because that's what she had always been pining for since she was an orphan.

Meanwhile Ryan is buzy playing games on Ivaan's mobile phone. He too is least bothered with what's going around. Maybe he has already accepted the fact that Nova won't be surviving. Everyone is already prepared for it, except Ivaan.

I remember how Ivaan's hands had trembled while signing up the form which said that if anything goes wrong, the hospital and the staff won't be responsible for it. But he trusted his love, he trusted Nova and believed that soon she'll be coming back home with us that too all well and fine and how we will again be a happy family.

______________

When life gets high upon you, there's no way you skip their hurdles. You just have to move on and on without turning your back at the situation. Sometimes, the person who gave us thousand of reasons to not quit, themselves decide to quit on life.

As we had been scared for, their were complications in the surgery. Nova had the worse baseline left ventricular dysfunction and has been kept in the ventilator since then. She's not allowed to meet anyone and her breath can pass away anytime.

I cannot control the tears and the emotions that I've been hiding since so long. The time when the doctors delivered the news to us, Ivaan had panicked to such extent that he didn't even know what to do, how to do and where to go. He ran through the hospital like a wild dog who is close to death.

Brenda had been praying ever since the surgery started and when she heard the doctors say, she lost herself to the floor and has been crying since then.

I am the one who's managing everyone and everything since then. I cannot even explain how great an emotional turmoil has taken it's place inside my heart and inspite all this, I know that I have to be brave.

I have to be brave for Nova because that's the last thing that she had asked of me.

I remember when I was preparing breakfast for everyone, she came to the kitchen and while she was helping me, she held my hands and with tears in her eyes she told me to take care of everyone behind her. She already knew that it was an end, that she is going to leave a family to weep behind her death. She already knew that she is leaving her husband, the love of her life to live without her.

And that's what I have to do right now. Instead of letting out my emotional self, I have to take care of them and I know I can do this- for Nova.

It had been a while that Ivaan returned to the hospital, I could see him crying and begging the doctors to help his wife, to save her. I know how he was feeling right now. He just wanted to protect her, to be her guardian and to never let her go. Things have been so hard since the time Nova had left for the surgery.

Is that what we all do? Leave the family behind with nothing other than the memories and the feel of the touch that they had once left on us?

"I just want to meet my wife. Is it too much to ask for?", I could hear Ivaan's loud screams and I couldn't help but let the tears fall free from my eyes.

________

Next chapter is updated. Swipe to have a look at it.
I hope you like this chapter, if you did, comment your views about Claire.