Epilogue

"If I could, I would have freezed the time frame but of course I couldn't. He knew that I don't want him to go.. he knew that I wanted him to stay.. but he left. He knew the power he had over me, and that I'd let him use it against me"

I closed the diary and let each word sink deep into my heart. The only thing personal to my parents, their diary, was kept in front of me.

Mom had managed to write it well, so beautifully, that it's because of them that I still believe that true love exists.

It's been 17 years since then. Since the day the television had the breaking news of finding dead bodies of two lovers.

I still remember the day, when I had gone to see their bodies during the postmortem. They had smiling faces, as if it wasn't the death that killed them. It seemed planned, their fingers still intact.

When the police returned mom's pendant to grandmother, I saw her pain. She didn't move a bit. She was paralyzed.

Mom had already made up my mind that she wasn't going to live for so long, but dad, he could've stayed, I had thought.

"Dad.. Dad, Brenda is here.. Come down with us we are having a get together", my two twin daughters told me as soon as they unlocked the room, and I couldn't help but smile at them.

I climbed down the wooden stairs keeping those find memories buried in my heart.

Sophia was already sitting there, caressing my daughters hair, still wearing mom's pendant which Brenda gave to her on her wedding day.

My wife was baking in the kitchen, wearing the same old apron that mom used to wear.

It's been so many years since I am with her that I've realised, if I would have been at dad's place, I would've done the same for Josephine.

She loves me, the same way my mom loved dad.

I saw Claire standing on the threshold, holding the handles of the wheelchair where Brenda was sitting and smiling at us. Her smile was so pure that even the dove bird would be carried away by it.

I would credit her for the position I am in right now, it was her tireless efforts for me and Sophia that have raised us so well that I've become the most famous Javelin player all over the capital, winning four gold medals in the Olympics and Sophia, being the Marshall of the Air Force.

Claire has got so attached with her that she never leaves her side. They both work on a YouTube channel where Brenda acts all cool and enjoys life just like the generation these days.

They've become one of the most highly paid Youtubers in Asia.

The wait was finally over when Aunt Ella stepped inside the house with her husband, who still looked younger than his age. All these years he had become more successful and famous and inspite of all this, aunt Ella never left a chance to come to pay us a visit. She treats us like her own children.

I remember her teenage lessons with Sophia, when she used to tell her about all the boyfriends she had and in return Sophia would discuss about her high school crushes.

There was one time when Sophia dumped her toxic boyfriend and it was funny how Ella and Sophia had a grand independent break up party after that.

It was the seventeenth death anniversary of my parents. Like every year, we had decided to have a get together on this day.

The first time, it was because Ella didn't want us to feel sad on this day.. But eventually it became a every year event... I am glad that mom had such a wonderful friend.

Ella handed over some gifts to my daughters, who very willingly accepted them with a big smile across their lips as they headed towards their room.

"I've brought champagne", Ella sort of whispered but it was completely audible for everyone.

"Brenda is here", I signalled her while Brenda caught my gaze at that.

"Did your mother not tell you that I love champagne", Brenda smirked and Ella laughed at that.

We filled ourselves with the drink and the smiling faces of my parents crossed my mind while I cuddled myself in Josephine's lap.

"We love you Nova and you too Ivaan.", Ella gushed and just then a commet passed the clear sky.

_____

Finally the story has come to an end. I hope you liked it. You are always free to criticize what you didn't like. You can comment your views about this story. I hope I did justice to every character.