Chapter 34

********
~Ivaan~

I followed her to our room. It had been a lot of time since I has seen her like this. She has definitely grown weak since the last time we met, but I am sure I'll make her fit once again.

I wish it was me not Nova, who has to suffer this much. I wish it was me with all the treatments and the injection needle piercing through the skin. I just cannot see her in pain. I don't want to.

I wish I could take this treatment on your behalf.

"Nova, Are you fine? I mean after seeing Brenda?", I asked her, just to feel assured that she has dealt it.

"I just didn't know how to react, otherwise everything was fine.", she assured me and I nodded my head at that.

"I have to tell you something.", I was feeling a heart full of emotions right now.

I just don't want to loose her. I haven't even thought of living any single day without her. I don't even want to imagine a life without her.

But for now, I don't have to loose hope. I held her soft hands into mine, feeling their warmth makes my heart ache a little less.

It was important for her to know about her surgery as soon as possible, so that she could prepare herself well. I don't know why and how my life has been so difficult these days. I wish we could be the same happy family which we were some years back. It's been such a long time since I've seen her smile the way she used to do before.

She knows I have no one except for her. She knows what she means to me. And it seems that I just cannot do anything to protect her, to take her out of her misery. I can feel the sand slipping from the hands as the time frame passes.

"I love you Ivaan. I really love you. Tell me what happened.", she told me and I just wanted to cry at that moment. It's just a surgery, she'll be fine. My heart knows.

But what's bothering me are the procedures and the amount of pain she will suffer during them. I don't want to see her in pain. That's not what she deserves.

"You need to have your surgery as soon as possible. I had a talk with Drake, he told me to be prepared.", I just led it out my throat without thinking much about it. This had to be said early. As early as possible.

I expected her to be shocked and frustrated, the same way she behaves when she has to take any injection or the routine check ups but right now the Nova that I am seeing is very different.

She is rather relaxed and is smiling at me like I've said the most beautiful thing that exists at this moment.

"Is this what took you so long to speak?", she said, smiling of course.

She freed her hands from my hold and started fiddling with the pile of clothes that was neatly arranged on the bed.

"I am prepared for it. Take the appointment whenever possible.", she said and moved towards her wardrobe.

"Wait? But how are you prepared? I mean you can tell me if you need time. It's going to be just fine you know.", I told her opening the handle of the cupboard.

"Why do you feel so shocked Mr. Ivaan. Is it impossible for you to believe that Nova is herself prepared for the next, without your hundred advices and suggestions?, she asked me, keeping her back on the wooden almira that gave her lean figure, a support.

I placed my right hand above her head, on the side of the almira that decreased the space between us. It wasn't difficult to hear her heart, beating faster and faster with the decreasing void between us.

"Nova is the fullest without me. I am your servant milady, you can always tell me what all I can do for you. And in return I assure you to do it withy heart content."...

" My highness", I added.

That sounded so cringe but let's ignore it for the moment.

"Shut up now and freshen up. Can you for once in your life be serious at some situation Ivaan? I am sure that the day I'll die, you'll be laughing at my grave.", she chuckled and her eyes lit up at this.

Another moment she caught my grave looking gaze and tried to ammend what she had just said.

"I mean. I don't want you to be sad. Okay, just go and take a bath. I have loads of work to do.", she pushed my torso and made her way out of the room.

She was wrong. She won't be dying. I know.

This is the least I can do to soothe my heart right now.

________

After taking a quick shower and drying my wet hair, I moved out of the room, just to see if Brenda is doing alright.

She had been dealing a lot since couple of days, and I need to take care of her too.

I could see Claire doing a good job and the next news that I heard was that Brenda was vlogging with Claire and Ryan.

Can the situation get worse?

Neither do I care. My eyes were searching Nova in the hallway but there wasn't any clue of her. She must be watering her plants. The countless small babies that she had.

But I wasn't jealous. I know she doesn't love them more than me. I went to the backyard but finding her was to no avail.

I even asked Ryan and Sophia, who were buzy playing with the blocks but they also didn't know where their mum was, so I just decided to wait for her at the threshold.

My heart was running at a faster pace as each minute passed with uncomprehending patience. My mind was thinking of the worst scenarios that could've happened, but my heart tried to console itself fot it.

It had been 15 minutes that I was waiting there, constantly tapping the floor with the feet.

"You're testing my patience Nova. Please come back now.", I whispered to myself.

The tension in the house had grown too. And for the first time I saw Brenda being worried for her daughter.
I ignored it though.

Claire had also stopped laughing now and Ryan and Sophia cuddled themselves to her.

I am not going to spare her today. She could've informed before leaving. How can she be so irresponsible and careless.

I could feel my nerves tighten and just then the telephone rang.

______

Don't forget to vote the chapter if you like it. Where do you think Nova is?