Chapter 7

While climbing up the hill, Margon and Saif had told me quite a lot about Ivaan .

After his ex girlfriend had left him, they hadn't seen him genuinely smile the way he did before. They told me how he spent his  nights, balling his eyes out for a girl who couldn't care any less.

Caressing his wounds, all on his own. Treasuring a worthless secret, securing it from his family. But the pain he carried in his eyes everyday wasn't really hidden from his friends. As helpless as they felt with their hands tied, they knew it was building him, guiding him towards the light at the end of the tunnel.

They told me , how Ivaan had locked himself in the room for what seemed like an eternity, only making his presence known when the dining table was set. His family was worried for him to say the least, worried about how his once sparkling eyes were now  tear rimmed, lifeless, hollow.

I felt this pericing pain in my chest, thinking about a young teenage boy who had given up on himself, who was trying to make his way through the day, who was down on his knees with absolutely no one to turn to, surrendering all of his defences.

Though this did not stop me from being mad at him, for not knowing his worth,  for crying for a girl ,who left him for money and power. Did he not know she wasn't worth his affection or any kind of emotion? I knew he didn't deserve any of this, but I was happy that he didn't let the shadow of his past dull our relationship. I almost felt blessed .

______

Did you like his name?
Comment your views below.