𝟑𝟐

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

"Thank god you're okay." I heard my mom's voice.

She rushed into the room and pulled me into a hug. I stiffened up a little. We hadn't interacted with each other in a while so it was a little weird.

But I'm happy that she cared enough to put our differences aside. My dad was rushing in right behind her, giving me a tight hug next.

"Are you okay? Nothing's wrong?" He asked as he looked over me, making sure it was nothing visibly wrong.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I think Hunter got it worst though. Most of the impact hit his side of the car. They're not giving me any updates on him and it's irritating me."

They're acting as if I'm trying to kill him or sumn.

"I'm sure he's okay. The doctors are probably being thorough. We'll get an update soon." My mom assured me while rubbing my back.

I nodded. I wanted to cry so badly right now, but I didn't want to cry in front of them. It's not something I like to do. I always end up feeling embarrassed after I cry in front of someone.

Soon the doctor was walking back into my room with a clipboard.

"You're the parents?" he asked while looking through the papers attached to the clipboard.

"Yes." they both answered at the same time.

"You're both aware of her pregnancy, correct?"

"Yes," they answered.

"Okay, everything seems to be fine. Minor cuts and bruises, but you'll be alright. We'll have another doctor come down here and give you an ultrasound. If you're in any discomfort or pain, a nurse will come by and give you some medicine. If everything checks out then you should be good to go later on." Dr. Caldwell informs quickly before leaving out of the room.

My dad leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I love you guys."

HUNTER
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

I groaned loudly when I had woken up out of my sleep. I felt something wrapped around my wrist and head.

Shit, I'm in so much pain.

"Oh my god, Hunter!" My mom squealed obnoxiously, which made me wince.

There's no reason for her to be this loud.

"Hunter, are you alright? Do you need anything?" She kept on asking more and more questions, not even giving me a chance to adjust a bit.

"Where's Asiya?" I asked, trying to sit up, but was gently pushed back down by my dad.

"Hunter, just relax and wait for the doctor to come in so she can give you the rundown on your injuries. I don't need you more injured than you already are. Scouts still want to see you on their teams." he lectured.

I groaned. I didn't want to hear it right now. It's not even the right time or place to be talking about football scouts. I'm in too much pain for him to even be lecturing me.

I need to know how Asiya's doing right now.

The doctor walked in along with a couple of nurses, and they went over to the monitors, beginning to touch the buttons.

"Hey, Mr. Collins, I'm Dr. Maria." She pulled a flashlight out of her coat pocket to check my eyes.

"You've been very lucky." she smiled. "You would think you'd have more injuries with the type of car accident you were in."

"Thank god it's nothing major. Right?" my mom butted in.

"Yup! He took a bit of a hit, but it's nothing but a concussion and a few bumps and bruises. Besides that, you have a sprained wrist and a gash on your forehead. Other than that I'm confident that you'll be alright."

"Good." my dad sighed.

"Can you give me any information on a patient named Asiya Parker?" I quickly ask.

"Sure. Are you related to her in any way?" Dr. Maria smiled.

"No, but she's my girlfriend, and she's pregnant with my kid." I nonchalantly replied.

I was irritated with all the questions. I get it's standard but I want to know how Asiya's doing.

I scrunched my face up because of the face the doctor was making.

I looked over to my parents and my heart dropped to my ass. I had completely forgotten that my parents were in the room and they didn't know about Asiya's pregnancy yet.

"You know what I'll see what we can do." She stuttered out before quickly leaving the room.

"Are you fucking serious, Hunter? Again?" My dad's voice raised.

Technically, it's the first time since Alex isn't mine.

My mom was probably the more understanding one out of the two, so I know she won't do too much. But then again she follows after my father like a lost puppy.

"I was planning on telling you guys later this week with dinner."

It was true. That was the plan Asiya and I had made together. We figured it would be better if we got all of our parents together at dinner. Asiya and I even discussed it with her parents already.

"Do her parents even know Hunter?" My mom sighed.

I could tell she was disappointed but it's nothing new to me.

"Yeah, they've known for a while now."

"And you told them before us?" she cocked her head to the side in disbelief.

I groaned. It's not even that deep for her to be mad about who knows what first.

"It's not that deep, mom. Asiya decided to tell her parents first. Why would she tell you first and not her parents?"

My mom glared at me and walked out of the room with my dad following her out.

𐩃

I was laying in the hospital bed looking up at the ceiling. I was bored out of my mind. It had been a while since my parents rushed out of the room, all upset.

I wasn't sweating it. If they want to be childish about it then oh well it's on them. I looked over at the door as it was being knocked on.

"Come in." I hollered.

My face contorted in confusion when I saw Asiya's dad poke his head in. He turned his back and pulled a wheelchair into the room.

I grinned big when my eyes connected with Asiya's. She smiled back, and he pushed her chair over to the bed and I sat up with a low grunt.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

She smiled and nodded. "Everything's okay. Nothing but a few minor cuts and bruises."

She couldn't stop smiling as she pulled something from behind her back and handed it to me. I kept looking up at her intently as I unraveled the film.

They were ultrasounds of the baby. You couldn't see much because she wasn't that far along, but the doctor pointed out where the embryo was so I could identify it more easily.

I leaned down and kissed her lips gently.

"I love you."

She grinned. "I love you too."

"Excuse me." her dad coughed.

I pulled away and looked up at her dad. Asiya had pursed her lips to stop herself from laughing.

He just ruined the whole moment.

A/N
had to end it on a good note❤️ time jump coming up next