𝟏𝟎

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

It was now the next day, and I was currently doing my hair for school. Last night my dad gave this long ass speech about how I wasn't supposed to be having boys in my room and all this other shit. I zoned out after he made Hunter stay and listen to it, too.

Shit was so fucking embarrassing yo.

After I was done, I went downstairs to find something to eat. My dad and I made eye contact as I walked down the steps. I side-eyed him as I walked towards the kitchen where my mom was at. She was packing Aspen's lunch.

"Ma, can I get some money for the mall?" I ask as I go to the cabinet so I could get a granola bar.

"Don't you work?" She grabs an uncrustable from the fridge.

"Yes," I say slowly.

"Then what you need money for, girl?"

I sigh, "I wanna go to the mall plus the money I get from the job I'm saving up for when I leave for college."

"Ask your dad."

I kiss my teeth. She did that shit to be petty. I walk out of the kitchen to the living room where my dad sat with Aspen. They were watching Doc McStuffins, well Aspen was.

"Dad?"

"Hmm?" He answers.

Sir, you still mad? lol.

Let me shut up cause I'm the main one asking him for money.

"Can I get some money for the mall? I'll even take Aspen with me."

"You outta have your own money with the way you be kissing them boys." He chuckles as if something's funny and Aspen joins in.

Aspen ass the main one instigating but watch when we go shopping. She not gon get shit. Both of them are just plain old petty.

"Mmcht, dad foreal."

"I am being foreal," he snickers.

I frown, "No you're not."

He chuckles as he looks at my face, "Asiya. I know yo ass not about to cry. Don't start that crying shit." He stale faces me.

I mug him, "I'm not even about cry."

He kisses his teeth, "Y'all little girls, some spoiled lil crybabies. Should've never spoiled y'all asses when y'all were younger. Ima pay pal you later on."

I smiled, "thanks, dad." I kissed his cheek before going back upstairs to my room.

I really love my dad. He treats me like a princess and shows me how a man is supposed to treat their woman. Im happy to have a male role model in my life.

I grabbed my book bag and sprayed a little perfume on me before leaving out my room again.

"Asiya, come on, we about to leave out." My dad yells from downstairs.

"I'm coming now!"

When I get down the steps, my dad and Aspen are waiting at the door for me. We walk out of the house and get into the car. Once we were settled, he pulled off and made his way towards our school.

After a good fifteen minutes of driving, we pull up to my school. As I look around I spot Hunter leaning against his car talking to Ryan. My dad looks at me before his eyes go over to where I'm looking. Hunter makes eye contact with me and I quickly look away.

He snickers, "Don't be kissing no lil boys either."

Last night was so damn embarrassing.

Aspen bursts out laughing as if it's funny. I turn around and glare at her. It's really not funny at all. That shit was embarrassing as hell.