𝟐𝟓

HUNTER
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

It had been a week since Beth had given birth to baby boy. My dad had refused to claim the baby as a Collins until we got the results back from the paternity test, which would come in sometime today now.

Asiya had been avoiding me for a week or two now and I've been going crazy trying to talk to her. I know she wants her space to think, so that's what I'm trying to do.

Ryan told me she hadn't been at school for the whole week, which is weird. Asiya would never miss over two days of school.

I'm worried about her.

I was at the doctor's office with Beth, her parents, and my parents. We were getting the results from the paternity tests.

The door opened, and the doctor walked into the room taking a seat behind his desk.

"Good Morning." he greeted as he continued looking at the papers attached to the blue clipboard.

"You're all related to the baby, correct?" he asked, looking up from the papers.

"Yes," we responded in sync.

"Okay, well," he sighed while looking through the papers again. "Hunter Collins you are biologically 99.99% the child's father."

"Yes, I knew it!" beth yelled happily, jumping out of the chair.

Different reactions filled the room, and all I heard was my father's voice.

"You fucked up Hunter." he brushed past me, putting extra force.

Okay, Paul. I didn't know you were a child.

I turned around and watched him walk out of the room. My mom looked at me with sympathetic eyes and followed my dad out of the room.

"If you would like, we can have you sign the birth certificate, Mr. Collins?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah sure." I nodded and walked up to the desk as he got the papers out.

I grabbed the pen and began reading where he was telling me to sign. After signing everything, I sat the pen down.

I looked over at Beth and noticed that she was still staring at me.

"Uh, yes?" I awkwardly spoke.

"This means we can be together, right? We'll be the perfect family." She beamed.

Girl, what the fuck are you talking about?

I pursed my lips and frowned, my face up. "No, that doesn't mean we'll be together, Beth. I'll take care of my kid and be there for him, but I love Asiya and she's who I want to be with. I want to marry Asiya one day, not you."

Before the tears could fall down her face I decided to make my exit.

I brushed past her softly and walked out of the room. I went straight to the elevator and went to the floor where the nursery was.

I watched baby boy from outside the room and admired him. Now that he's officially mine, I needed to think of names for him.

"Would you like to hold him?" A nurse walked up to me and smiled.