𝟑𝟎

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

"Did you figure out what you're gonna do?" My dad asked while coming into my room with ginger ale and saltine crackers.

Why do black parents swear that's the remedy for every sickness?

I haven't been feeling well all day. I had to leave school early because it was irritating me and the teachers were giving me headaches.

I know having a baby so young isn't good, but a big part of me wants to keep the baby. But given my situation I don't think that's an option.

"I'm not even sure. I wanna have an abortion but at the same time I want to keep it." I said while continuing to pay attention to the tv.

I adjusted my head on my pillow so I could get more comfortable.

"I mean if that's something you wanna do." he shrugged.

He sat the stuff on my dresser and leaned against the door frame.

"Did you tell Hunter about it yet?" He questions.

I stayed silent.

I feel like if I were to approach him, I would probably start crying. I don't know why but I probably would, lol.

"If you're going to get an abortion, you should at least let him know before going through with it." He advises.

I nodded my head, understanding where he was coming from.

Because I know if I was the man and I had the girl pregnant, I would want to know she was pregnant before she got an abortion.

I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy seeing Hunter in school again. I hate to be that girl but I still love him even though he had a baby with another girl.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, I don't even know what I'm gon' do foreal."

"It's up to you Asiya. Whatever you gon' do, I gotchu." He assured me before walking out of the room.

I rolled onto my back and looked up at the ceiling. I impulsively got out of bed and began getting dress. I don't even know if I should be doing this foreal.

I'm going to be eighteen in two weeks, so it's time for me to start handling my shit.

I need to pick myself up and get it together. It's not the time to be falling off, especially right now.

I slipped on my crocs and grabbed a hoodie to put on. I ordered my Lyft before walking out of my room.

I went to my parents' room and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

My mom and dad were both laying in the bed whispering about something.

My mom and I made eye contact but said nothing to each other. It had been like that since she had found out about my pregnancy.

Honestly, it was childish. The day after I told her good morning and treated it as if nothing happened, but she ignored me so I did the same.

"I'm leaving out, dad. I'll probably be back later."

He sat up and grabbed his wallet. "You need some money?"

"No, I'm good."

" Alright, I'll see you later then. Don't be out all late, though." He told me before I walked out of the room.

When I checked my phone, it said my Lyft was two minutes away. I went downstairs and saw Aspen on the couch watching bubble guppies.

"Where are you going?" She got up off the couch and walked towards me.