𝟎𝟐

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

"Aspen, shut up. Like damn." I yell at my six year old little sister.

Who told my mom to have more kids?

"Corvette, corvette hop in the jet like det." She sings for the hundredth time today as she tries to do the dance.

I should've never taught her that damn song. Between her and TikTok they both played the song out. Aspen kept repeating it over and over throughout the house.

"Aspen, for real." I narrow my eyes at her. "I'ma delete TikTok off your iPad and watch you be looking slow."

She giggles, "no you're not Sy-sy."

"Yeah, okay." I mumbled.

"You just better know them sight words like you know them TikTok dances." I teased.

"I do know my sight words," she pouted.

I sat up and grabbed a piece of paper and a crayon off of the coffee table. I wrote down the word "play."

"What's this word?" I showed her the paper.

"Play, duh." She tried rolling her eyes.

"You swear you all that."

"I am all dat." She sasses.

She goes over to the couch and goes on Dreambox on her iPad as she continues to sing that damn corvette song. I went on my phone and opened up Instagram.

I scrolled through my timeline for a few minutes before getting bored. I looked at the time and noticed that it was still early so I could take Aspen to the park that's two blocks away.

She'll wear herself out then by the time we get back she'll be ready to eat, shower, and go to sleep. I grabbed my phone again as a text notification went off.

Mom❤️ what are u and Aspen doing?

nun, bout to take her to the park.

Mom❤️ ok don't be out there all late tho.
all types of stuff be happening.

ok...

"Aspen you wanna go to the park?" I ask as I turn the tv off and get up off the couch.

"Yes!" She comes running out of the kitchen with a caprisun.

I analyze her outfit and decide she's fine and that all she needs is a windbreaker or a hoodie because it's a little chilly out.

"Go get your hoodie or something and put your shoes on."

We both go up to our rooms. I put on some brown sweatpants, a white tank top, and a brown hoodie. I put on some white socks and my yeezy slides.

I went into the bathroom in the hallway and just touched up my hair that was already done in soft locs.

"You done Aspen?" I ask as I come out of the bathroom.