𝟐𝟎

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

"Asiya, come here." My mom hollered from her room.

I huffed and got up from my comfortable spot on the bed. I slipped on my slides and walked down the hallway to her room.

"Yes?" I poked my head into the room.

"Come here."

I walked all the way inside of the room and sat down on the bed.

She pauses her show and just looks at me for a minute. I stare back at her in confusion, waiting for her to say something.

"Your father told me you gotta little boyfriend now."

I internally roll my eyes. She acts like she didn't know about Hunter from the jump.

Why he gotta be little?

"Yeah, Hunter." I slick squint my eyes at her.

It's giving she has a problem with it when she was just smiling up in his face a couple of weeks ago.

"Well, if that's what you want to do then" she purses her lips and goes back to typing something on her laptop.

Girllll! Now you tryna make me feel like I did sumn wrong!

"Oh," I mutter.

I get up from the bed and was almost out the door when she called my name. I turned back around and stood as I waited for her to say something.

"Are you having sex?"

I would say yes, but then again no. She gone wind up telling my dad and my dad barely like Hunter, anyway.

"No," I answer with my face scrunched up.

"Mmm-hmm." She side-eyes me. "Well, you need to be on birth control so go ahead and make your appointment for planned parenthood."

I kissed my teeth. "Why I gotta do it?"

My mom looked over at me and tilted her head to the side. "You're seventeen going on eighteen. You can make your own appointments."

My face frowned up.

What the fuck that gotta do with me?

"Ma, please?"

She rolled her eyes. "Alright go ahead, girl."

I cheese and leave out of the room. One thing about me is that I hate making my own appointments.

Shit just feels weird to me.

I went back into my room and started getting dressed so I could go to Hunter's house.

He had a football game today and I think it was a championship game, something like that. I've only been to a couple of his games during our relationship.

I'm more into basketball so I don't even understand football foreal. I know enough about it to watch the game though.

When I was done getting dressed, I got started on my hair. I put it in a simple slick back with a side part. I definitely do need to wash my shit, but that takes a whole day so I'll rock with the bun for now.

I got my purse and house keys before leaving out my room.

"I'm leaving out!" I yell from the bottom of the steps before walking out the door. I only had to wait for a minute before my Lyft had pulled up.

𐩃

"Why are we meeting by the concession stand?" I ask as I walk up to Hunter. He was dressed in his football uniform with his helmet in his hand.