𝟎𝟏

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

I walked down the halls of this annoying ass school once again. I wish I was like one of them smart ass little kids so I could be out of school already.

"Take that hood awf!" Principal Michaels yells at one of the students. She stood at 5'4 with dark skin.

Her down south accent made it sound funny.

Lewis, someone who always got in trouble sucked his teeth, "I'm not taking shit off, bruh. Leave me alone."

Him cursing was a regular thing and teachers ended up giving up on correcting him about his cursing. He was only going to do it anyway.

"Ima call ya' mother! You know I got her on speed dial. Don't play with me Lewis," she threatens.

He sucks his teeth, "okay chill Miss M."

He takes his hood off and continued making his way down the hall. My school was very diverse and it was one of the things I loved about my school. Of course there was some ignorant people here and there but they wouldn't dare be open about it. At least not at school.

I continue heading down the hall until I'm in front of my locker. Once I'm there, I sit my bag down inside and get all of my stuff together.

I get a couple of hi's and hellos and I greet them back. I wouldn't say I was popular, I was just well known for tutoring a lot of people from time to time for quick cash.

When I close my locker, I lock eyes with Hunter Collins. We used to be close when we were little, but he started changing so we hung out less. He's star quarterback, the golden boy, well at least one of them. That golden boy shit is so cliche to me but it was true he was the schools golden boy.

His best friend Ryan is one of our team's wide receivers.

I went on my phone and texted my oldest sister, Neveah.

istg i hate it here🤦🏽‍♀️

Neveah😘 u wanna go to the mall?

u gon pick me up early?

Neveah😘 bye😐
u stay tryna get me in trouble!

😏
no but fr tho

Neveah😘 maybe, idk.

As I sucked my teeth, I looked at the time and noticed that homeroom would start in five minutes. I took my time as I walked to the fourth floor. I would sneak on the elevator, but then again I wouldn't want to be on time.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but it's just something about being on time for my classes that gets on my nerves. Teachers take too long to explain the lesson so by the time I get in there, they should already be done explaining directions.

I sighed heavily as Mr. Dorian, the assistant principal started walking in my direction. He stood at 6'5 maybe 6'6 with pale skin and black hair. Apparently, he's the cutest staff member at the school.

"Parker, class now! No lingering in the hallways." He says as he walks past me.

Boy fuck you.

I huff and roll my eyes. I still picked my pace up but nothing major because I still didn't want to get to class so quick.

Just because he said it didn't mean I would do it.