𝟐𝟒

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

[𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙃 𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍]

"Okay, but correct me if I'm wrong though," I said.

"If you know the baby is one hundred percent not yours, then fuck are you going to the hospital for?"

"Exactly! it's giving you know the baby is yours." Neveah agreed.

"Right. there's no point in going if you know the baby isn't yours."

"Wait hold on. Do mommy and daddy even know what's going on?" She asked.

"No." I paused for a second. "I don't think so."

"I hope you tell them soon because you know dad gonna throw a fit when he finds out the bullshit that's happening."

I stayed silent for a moment. She was right, though. My dad would not let any of this shit slide. But that was the whole point of not telling him.

"Asiya, if I'm being honest, I feel you should just break up with him. You have a future to look forward to. You shouldn't throw it away just so you can stick beside your man."

I frowned my face up.

"I don't want to break up with him, Neveah," I uttered slowly.

I loved Hunter, and I didn't see myself breaking up with him anytime soon. I prayed that the kid wasn't his and if it is I had a feeling it might be the end of our relationship. I was scared.

im not being a step mom at 17

"If he's at the hospital, then he thinks the baby is his. You've said it yourself. You've got bigger things to worry about rather than a high school lover who got another girl pregnant. You're not ready to be a stepmom."

Who said I was?

"Okay, Neveah," I replied with an attitude.

"Ima call you back later when you get your attitude together." She responds. A second later, she had hung up.

I sucked my teeth and threw my phone down. Shit was irritating me on another level.

HUNTER
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

"I can't believe you got a girl pregnant, and she's not even your girlfriend, Hunter. It's very upsetting." My mom went on.

She ended up finding out about Beth's pregnancy from another mom that had a kid on the football team.

When she found out I wasn't going to be down here during the birth, she dragged me out of bed and brought me here.

"Don't you think I know that, mom? The baby might not even be mine." I deadpanned.

"Don't talk to your mother like that. You're the one who fucked up here." My dad jumped in.

"What'd you think that you could have a baby without us finding out? Your football career is fucked. I hope you know that?" He went on and on and at this point, I zoned out.