𝟐𝟔

HUNTER
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

I woke up at three in the morning from the door being banged on.

I shouldn't be able to hear the door from the third floor.

"Shit," I muttered while getting out of bed and putting my sweatpants on.

My parents had left and taken my siblings on a trip. I don't know when they'll be back. I came home from school the other day and they were gone saying that they're going on a trip.

When I got downstairs, the door was still being banged on.

"I'm coming damn!" I yelled as I walked to the door and unlocked it.

Standing there was Beth, with a car seat in her hand and a bag on her shoulders. I scrunched my face up, confused about what she was doing here.

I didn't get Alex until the end of this week.

"Please, just take him. I can't do this." she cried, shoving the car seat into my hand.

My reflexes kicked in, and I quickly caught the car seat by its handle before it dropped.

"Beth, if you would've dropped my fuc, " I paused mid-word, squeezed my eyes shut, and took a breath.

"What are you talking about, Beth? What can't you not do?" I ask, not really caring what's wrong with her. As long as my son is fine, then we're good.

"I just need time to breathe, okay?" She sniffles and drops the bag at my feet before walking off.

"Beth!" I call out.

She leaves out the gate and gets into the car that was waiting for her.

Great she can have time to breathe but she need to know that she took part in having our child as well.

We have responsibilities now.

I lean down and pick the baby bag up, and close the door.

I looked down at him and grinned. "It's just you and me, buddy."

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

"Asiya, you gotta go to school today. You can't stay home anymore. It's been a month." My mom says as she opens the curtains in my room.

"I'm not going, ma." I kissed my teeth and snuggled up under the covers even more.

"Girl, stop playing with me and get your ass up. I let you stay home from school for a month already. That's enough."

She's the one that allowed me to. She didn't want me to have to go to school and listen to all the rumors about Hunter and the baby.

"Nobody told you to be messing with that damn boy, anyway." She walked over to my bed and yanked the covers off of me.

I sat up with my face all frowned up.

Didn't you tell me you cried when dad broke up with you that one time?

"Asiya, get up. You're going to school. I don't even care about them tears so don't start."