CHAPTER 49

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon waits in the living room for her wife. It's one of those nights where she has to go to bed without her by her side. She feels this uncomfortable feeling in her heart, it felt like someone was pinching it.

She takes a deep breath one after the other. Maybe this will make what she feels go away.

NY : "Jeong?"

JY : "Ready?" She said standing up.

NY : "You know if you're sleepy you can go to bed. I can take a taxi."

JY : "I'm not, I want to go out for some air anyway. We should go."

NY : "Arraso, I'm really sorry about this. I promise to make it up to you."

Jeongyeon smiles and reaches for Nayeon's hand. "Just make sure you rest when you need to." She said.

Nayeon intertwines their fingers. "I will." She responds.

-

Going out at a time like this feels nostalgic for Jeongyeon. It's not supposed to be since it's just been 3 years but somewhat 3 years just went by and everything already changed. It feels like it's been more than that.

They pass by the Han river, a place full of memories

They pass by the Han river, a place full of memories. Before any of this, they used to sneak out at night just so they can go for a walk, have ice cream while they get lost in nothingness. Nayeon use to look beyond the sky as if she was searching for something. A little later in their marriage, the older girl never pauses nor stops to take a breather.

Jeongyeon always ponder, Did Nayeon found what she was searching for?

With the flicker of the street lights they're driving through, Jeongyeon caught a glimpse of her wife, sleeping.

She's tired and so does Jeongyeon.

-

"Hey, we're here." Jeongyeon gently taps her head.

NY : "Sorry, I didn't realize I fell asleep." She brushes her eyes.

JY : "Gwenchana, at least you got some rest. Gaja?"

NY : "Ani, I'll go on my own. You should go back and sleep, I'll be fine."

JY : "Arraso, then I'll wait here until you get inside."

NY : "Hai, take care on your way home."

JY : "I will. Call me once you're done, I'll come to pick you up."

NY : "You don't have to, just rest, and I promise I'll be there once you wake up."

JY : "Haha don't make promises."