The Arena: pt1

Scarlett's POV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Scarlett's POV

"You guys go look for Murphy, I'll stay here to watch the car." I told the group.

"You should have someone here to cover your back." Warren said but I shook my head.

"It's fine, I'll stay here in case he comes back. I can handle my own. Besides you taught me a lot about cars, I can see if I can get it running."

"Yeah, alright, we'll be back soon. Stay safe, Pea." Warren kissed my cheek before taking the others back into the forest to search for Murphy.

Here's the deal. We made a stop due to car troubles, Doc took Murphy into the forest to look for anything edible. Doc turned his back for a second and Murphy disappeared.

You know the rest. The others went searching for the blue man and I decided to stay back. Something could happen and they might need me to get the car working in time.

Speaking of, I was looking under the hood now. As I was checking out what could possibly be wrong with the car, a rustling noise came from the trees next to me.

I looked up quickly, shut the hood and pulled my gun. "Murphy?" I asked softly, pointing my gun into the tree line. "Roberta?" I asked again after no one answered.

Again, whoever or whatever was there stayed silent. I cocked the gun back and continued to slowly walk forward.

I reached the edge of the trees when a small rabbit jumped from a bush. I rolled my eyes and placed my gun back into its holster. "You're just paranoid." I sighed, turning around.

"You're not paranoid."

I didn't get a chance to register who it was before the whole world turned black.

- 3rd POV

Delta -Xray -Delta

"Scarlett?!" Warren yelled after everyone realized the young girl was gone.

"Warren, a note." 10k informed, holding up a dirty, crumpled piece of paper. "It's from Scarlett." The boy handed the paper to Warren, allowing her to read it.

"Tired of the apocalypse, don't come looking." Warren clicked her tongue. "Would she really just leave? Vasquez?" She turned to the girl's brother.

"She's done it before, pre-Z. Ran away from home, left a note almost exactly like. Cops finally brought her home 2-3 weeks later."

"Where'd they find her?"

"Staying with a girl from her class.. 15 miles away."

"Should we go look for her?" Doc asked but both Warren and Vasquez shook their heads.

"She's probably fine. If she wants to find us again then she'll head West until she hits California." Vasquez told the group, getting into the passenger seat of the car.

Doc noticed 10k's sour face and tapped his shoulder. "What's got you in the dumps?"

"Why would she leave without at least saying goodbye?"

"I don't know, kid. Maybe she just didn't want to hurt your love sick mind."

"It's not funny, Doc. I think she's in trouble."

"Why would you think that?" Doc put his hands on his hips while 10k pulled one of Scarlett's knives from his pocket.

"Saw it on the ground while Warren was reading the note. She loves her knives more than anything, Doc. Especially this one. It's Garnett's knife. She would never go anywhere if she was missing it."

"Maybe she dropped it accidentally and didn't notice it was missing."

"No way. She would've known."

"Kid, all we got right now is a note in Scarlett's handwriting. Let's just go with what it says and live with it. Scarlett didn't want to be here so she left, not because of you or because of Murphy but because of herself."

- Scarlett's POV

I stared into the dirt stained mirror at the newly made wound on my head.

"30 seconds." The man yelled from outside the door. I panicked slightly at his voice but stayed silent. I had no idea what was in 30 seconds but I knew I'm not gonna like it.

Wiping the tears from my cheeks, I searched high and low for anything I could use as a weapon.

"Time to go. Get up." The man growled, grabbing me by my hair and pulling me out of the bathroom. "I said Get. Up." The man hauled me up by my hair, making me cry out in pain.

We entered a hallway full of living humans who cheered once they saw me being dragged in. "What is this place?"

"Your death." He chuckled, opening a fence and throwing me inside.

I landed on the ground with a grunt. Sitting back on my legs I looked around. I was in an arena.

Why the hell am I in an arena?"

Don't tell me this is what I think this is.

-

Edited