White Light: s2 ep2 pt1

Scarlett's POV

Scarlett's POV

I wasn't outside for long before I heard guns going off. Pulling out two of my knives, one for both hands, I went back inside the strip club.

The first person I saw was 10k throwing pool balls as weapons. I whistled to grab his attention, when he looked over I threw him a knife.

I next thing I noticed was Murphy and Cassandra run down the hall towards the back of the strip club and without a second thought I chased after them.

Cassandra heard and turned to see who was behind them. She growled and began to charge at me but just as she was an inch away she stopped.

Staring face to face, she growled again and ran after Murphy again. I furrowed my brows at her and begin running after the girl again when I felt something collide with the side of me.

I quickly figured out it was a Z when it's drool dripped onto my shoulder and it tried snapping at me. Another thing that gave it away was the missing eyeball, nose and ear.

I struggled with the Z for a minute longer before I was finally able to pike it. Pulling myself out from under the Z, I began chasing the two again.

The sun shone bright in my face as I chased after them. The only thing Cassandra's outfit was good for, it was shining.

"Murphy!" I yelled at the man. He looked back at me then picked up his speed.

I was running out of breath but I didn't give up. As of right this second I was the only one who could deal with the man seeing as I was the only one who knew where he went.

I saw as Cassandra turned the opposite direction but I continued running after the blueberry. We turned down a street, a car drove in front of Murphy causing him to stop.

I was going to stop to but not until I had Murphy. I caught up with him and latched onto his arm. "Son of a bitch!" I yelled at him and tried to catch me breath. He grabbed my shoulder and began pulling me away from the scene of a man shooting at the car. "The hell?!"

"Just, Run!" Whisper yelled to me and continued pushing me in front of him. "Just so you know.. I do care.. I care a lot.. about you.." He said through breaths. He finally let go of my shoulder but I didn't stop running. "I love ya.. like you're my own.."

"What-"A loud explosion came from the intersection we ran from.

"Why'd you take me with you?"

"Because, those guys back there were scary."

"Listen here, Smurphy. I'm mad at you for what you did in Colorado and for Cassandra but.." I trailed off and pulled him in for a brief hug. "I'm glad you're ok. Now, let's go."