Welcome to Murphytown: s3 ep7 pt2

Scarlett's POV

"Hey... we gotta talk." I whispered to 10k, pulling him away from the others. We sat a good 50 feet away from the others, so they can't hear.

"Are you ok?" He asked as we sat in cross-cross position, our knees touching.

"There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just say it. It's time for me to... be mercied." I said softly.

10k stared at me silently, then shook his head. "I don't understand..."

"C'mon." I scoffed. "Look at me. I'm sick."

"You'll get better- we're gonna get the cure."

"You're still not understanding." I shook my head. "I don't want the cure, Tommy. I want to go. I want to be with Cassandra and Charlie again. Mack and... and Hayden."

"What about me? Don't you want to be with me?" His lip quivered and tears threatened to fall from his eyes.

I sighed, pressing a hand against his cheek. "Of course I do... but not like this. Warren was right, Tommy. This is the best option for everyone. This is what I want."

"You're not serious..."

"I am. I promise you, I am. I'm tired. I don't want to fight anymore and I can't bare to lose anyone else."

"So you're just giving up?"

"I am, because my shift was supposed to be over a while ago. I'm just working overtime." I wiped away a tear from 10k's cheek. "I love you, Tommy. So I think that when it is time... you have to be the one."

"I can't do that." He whispered.

"You can. You have to. Please?"

"I love you, Scarlett." He whispered, gripping my cheek as well and pressing his forehead against mine.

"Promise me you'll do it?" I squeezed my eyes shut, clutching his jacket.

It was silent for a moment before he pressed a kiss to my head and sighed. "I promise."

-

I was outside with Addy and Hector, helping to try and jump start a vehicle, when Doc called 10k inside the boat house. Soon after, Sun Mei and Warren went in carrying 10k's bag with his medicine inside.

Addy surfed through the radio stations, searching for a sign of Simon or any other life source.

"Any luck?" Warren asked, coming up to the car.

"The girls got it fired up, but it's awfully quiet out there." Hector said.

"Number stations." Addy scoffed. "Some pre-recorded Russian but no CZ."

"Keep trying. It'd be nice to know if there's any world left to save... and for Scarlett to get to talk to her dad, right." She smiled down at me then her face dropped. "Oh, Pea... your eyes."

"What about them?" I furrowed my brows, flipping down the sun visor mirror to see that my eyes were growing a film over then and the white was turning red.

"We gotta get you that cure." Addy said.

"No... I already told 10k. I don't want the cure. If it's my time to go, I'm not gonna cheat death again."

The three stayed silent, looking at me with pity. "Are you sure that's what you want, Mija?" Hector asked, putting a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Positive." I nodded. "You guys remember the house we were in after we thought Doc died in the air shaft? Before the zombie tornado?"

"Vaguely."
"Yeah..." Warren and Addy both spoke.

"Well, I always pictured that as the house we all ended up at when we die. We were there as a family, Y'know? Everyone we lost is gonna be there. Charlie, Hayden, Cassandra... Mack. When I walk in they'll be there... waiting for me. They'll welcome me with open arms and say, 'You're home now. You can rest. Nothing bad will ever happen again.'" I small tear left my eye and I quickly wiped it away. "I don't know... it's stupid." I chuckled.

Addy grabbed my hand, making me turn to her. "It's not stupid. It's a beautiful picture." She cupped my cheek.

I noticed that everyone else surrounded the car during my rant and smiled at them. 10k gripped onto my shoulder from behind, planting a small kiss on it before we heard a voice outside.

"Fear no more. Guaranteed. Fear no more. There is a way."

"Murphy?" I furrowed my brows, getting out of the passenger seat to see a box truck with Murphy's face on the side driving by.

"Murphy is advertising?" Addy asked.

"I told you. He's insane." 10k said, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"If he has thousands of doses of vaccines, all he needs are live bodies." Sun Mei said.

"Well, you heard the man. Come on." Warren turned her head to Hector. "Does this thing run?"

"Yes, ma'am."

The seven of us got in the car, Doc, Addy and Sun Mei sat in the back seat while Warren and Hector sat in the front and 10k and I sat in the very back.

I had my hand on the back of his neck, tracing Murphy's bite. Half of me wants to kill Murphy for doing this to him but the other half wants to kill me for wanting to kill Murphy.

10k stared down at me, his arms were circling my back and he pressed his forehead against mine. "I love you." He whispered so only I could hear.

I pressed a soft, quick kiss against his lips. "I love you to." I whispered back.

-
Not Edited

This chapter is not as long as the others but it's just about. I just felt like this would be a good place to end it

And I know this chapter really only has one topic (Scarlett's death) but it is really important seeing as she is the oc so...