37

Amar's POV

Early in the evening I collapse on the couch after finally getting my boxes unpacked, plus the few that Adrian had sent here, and moving in our bed and couch that Adrian and I picked out over a FaceTime call a few weeks ago.

Our bed.

The thought makes me feel giddy, and even more excited to finally cuddle and sleep with him again.

It took me a whole week to get myself and everything else settled in, it just sucks that he couldn't have been here in order to help out.

But looking on the bright side of things, since all of the big things have been moved in, we can spend our first week together not having to worry about too much moving stuff, and be able to just indulge in each other's company.

Now what the fuck am I supposed to do for the next week till he can get here.

There is still some shopping I need to do, but that is for the kitchen, and Adrian needs to be here for that. I mean, he is the one going to culinary school and knows a lot more about anything in the kitchen. So, that can wait another week, I'll just live off of fast food and delivery for the next week.

Might as well order something now.

Just as I pull my phone out to call a pizza place I hear a knock at the door.

The fuck?

Must be the neighbors to welcome me or something stupid like that. Honestly I'm surprised they waited a week to do this.

I drag myself off of the comfortable couch and over to the door.

I look through the peep hole and am surprised to see a familiar face.

Furrowing my brows in confusion I open the door to be met with bright blue eyes and a bright smile.

"Alec?" I say bewildered, a grin spreading across my face.

He gestures to himself feigning over-confidence, "The one and only!" He exclaims in his semi-deep voice.

Still at a lost for words I step aside to let him in and before closing the door I poke my head out into the hallway, a sliver of disappointment creeping in as I don't see the skinny blonde boy I was hoping would jump out and surprise me.

I close the door and turn to face Alec, "Oh yeah Adrian's not here, his boss is a bitch and won't let him quit till next week, more specifically the 1st." He says nonchalantly, almost as if reading my mind.

"Oh." I sigh even though that is what I already knew.

"This is a nice place you guys got here." He continues, shoving his hands into the front pocket of his jeans and looking around the barely decorated place.

I shrug, "Eh, it's kinda boring, but when he gets here we're gonna go shopping and get more stuff to make it feel more like a home." I explain with a smile as I imagine the two of us after reuniting going to a home-store and looking at all the Knick knacks and homey things that will fill the apartment.

I sit next to him on the couch, "Um, no offense dude, but uh- why are you here and he's not?" I question after some silence.

Alec smiles knowingly, "Figured you could use some help, but it looks like you've got it covered."

I nod my head and look out the large window, "Could've texted me or something, ya know?" I tease.

I didn't realize how boring being alone in a big city really is, especially when all you want is to see your boyfriend that you haven't seen in months. I'm glad Alec came by to give me company.