19

Third Person POV

Adrian sits at the park 10 minutes after the call and waits even longer till a disheveled Amar sits next to him on the bench.

They're both dressed in sweats and a hoodie, hair frizzy messes, eyes red and puffy. Emotions running wild, barely able to be kept tame. Amar tries not to focus too hard on all too familiar hoodie Adrian is wearing.

"You know I really didn't want to come here..." Amar whispers after sitting in an awkward silence. His voice sounding hoarse after hours of trying and failing to hold in sobs.

And truly he didn't. He didn't want to hear what the boy had to say. He saw what he saw. But something in him wouldn't allow him to ignore Adrian's plea.

Perhaps he didn't want to be a dick. Perhaps he wanted to hear what Adrian had to say as to not be left in the dark. Perhaps he could picture his pleading face in all of the texts and missed calls. We all know Amar cannot deny those stunning green eyes. Or maybe deep down Amar believes this all really was just a misunderstanding. He wants to believe that Adrian would not do that, but he wants to hear it from him. But the video was so clear. It all seemed so painstakingly obvious.

Adrian turns to him,"I know but I really appreciate it."

He would never admit it to anyone, not even himself, but Adrian is scared. Adrian is scared that Amar will never speak to him again. Afraid that he has lost everything that he has been wanting since he first laid eyes on the curly haired boy. He is scared that things will go south. He is scared that somehow, someway, his parents will find out. Adrian is scared for what might come next.

"Yeah... I'm really not happy with you at all." Amar confesses, obviously, "I really thought that we were gonna go somewhere with whatever the fuck we had." He angrily mutters, finally looking at Adrian. His dark eyes glowing with aggression.

But there is one thing Adrian is not scared of. Yes, he may be scared that Amar will leave and the 4 year crush will never be able to be taken to the next step. But he was not scared of Amar. Although Amar had a violent, angered stare, Amar had a burning fury in his eyes that threatened to explode, Adrian knew Amar would never physically harm him.

"Had?" He whispers taken aback at venom in his words. Had. Past tense. Not anymore. Were his worries coming true?

"Yeah I don't think this can continue if I can't trust you." Amar hoarsely states, saying words out of anger. Saying words without thinking.

"Trust me?!" Adrian scoffs, feeling offended, "Amar I'm literally gay." Adrian defends.

"You seemed to be enjoying it in the video." Amar states crossing his arms and looking off into nothingness. An unreadable emotion on his face, an emotion that not even Amar could explain.

"I was surrounded by a bunch of homophobic idiots Amar! I had to fucking act like it! Plus I was drunk! I literally felt like I was dying!" Adrian yells.

Silence.

The sun had finally settled on the horizon. The sky turned a mixture of colors. A sunset, where they shared a great moment, started to be overshadowed by this fight.

"Would you please just let me explain?" Adrian pleads.

The sky, seeming to have felt as angry as Amar in this moment, burst into fiery shades. Red, orange, and yellow painted the sky in flames.

"You always have to go and fucking explain shit Adrian! But yeah! Sure! I'll just drop all of my fucking feelings for you! Again! I'll give you a billion fucking second chances! Is that what you what to fucking hear?" Amar seethes, throwing his hands in the air, standing up and facing Adrian. His jaw tight, face red, eyes glossed over, challenging himself not to cry. Not to show his weakness. Not to be vulnerable.