23

He drags me up the stairs to a set of sliding glass doors, similar to the ones down stairs, that lead out to a balcony.

I see what is set up before he even opens the doors to take me on the balcony. My jaw drops. He did this for me?

He pulls me out a chair to a table set with an amazing looking and smelling dinner. He sits himself on the other side of the table facing me. My mouth is still gaping in shock.

There are string lights around the balcony, which light up his features perfectly. He looks beautiful. His hair is glistening, his skin is glowing and his eyes are just perfect, he is absolutely breathtaking.

"Baby..." is all I can manage to say, I have no words.

He just smiles knowing he's got me speechless.

"Dig in!"

I can't help but smile and shake my head in awe.

I bite into the steak in front of me. It has to be the some best steak I've ever had.

"Holy shit! Where did you get this steak from baby?!" I ask barely finishing my bite.

He laughs,"I made it!" He smiles shyly.

"No fucking way! My boyfriend is hot and he can cook! I'm set for life!"

He giggles at the compliment,"Eh, it's nothin'."

"Nothing!? Baby this isn't nothing! How did you get so good at cooking?" Our conversation continues as we eat the meal he prepared.

"Oh-uh" he gets flustered,"My parents were and still are always off on business trips and I got tired of eating take out or ramen every night so I taught myself how to cook." He shrugs as though he didn't just prepare me a 5 star meal.

"That is amazing...You are amazing!"

Blush creeps onto his cheeks and he shrugs again,"It's really not that amazing."

"No way! It is! You're fucking amazing Adrian!" I state seriously. How can he not see how awesome he is.

He laughs,"I- thanks."

I reach my hand out and grab his, gently rubbing it with my thumb, we smile then continue eating until our plates are clean and we sit there chatting for a while after.

"So, what do your parents do, like why are they always off on business trips?" I ask curiously, hoping it isn't a sensitive topic.

"They're the owner of some American bank chain and when they leave they're going to the different banks around the country for meetings and check ins and all that shit." He explains, waving his hand.

"How long are they usually gone for?"

He shrugs,"It depends, sometimes it's 2 days, sometimes it's 2 weeks...How about you? What do your parents do?"

Parent. I correct him in my head.

"Oh yeah, my mom works at the bakery downtown."

He gasps,"My brother used to take me there all the time!"

I smile at his excitement,"Really?!She's worked there longer than I've been alive, she's owned the place since the old owner died about 10ish years ago."

"No fucking way! Your mom is miss Aaliyah?" He asks in shock.

How the fuck?

I'm physically taken aback, "What the- yeah!"

"Oh my god! I love your mom! I didn't know you're her kid!" He exclaim leaning forward on the table.

I take a minute to process this information.