30

AMAR'S POV

!!! F slur in first paragraph !!!

"Yeah, I'm glad I left you! I never wanted you, and now that you've decided to be a fag- Thank god I left!" Richard yells in my face once I return home.

No words leave my throat, I feel stuck to the floor. I had barely closed the door before he started hurling his hurtful words at me.

My mother steps out from her room at the noise.

She won't let him talk to me like that right?

"Amar," she starts as she links arms with the horrible guy in front of me, "Your father and I are back together! Isn't this exciting? You'll finally have a father!" She exclaims with a smile on her face leaning her head on his upper arm.

My heart drops.

This cannot be happening. No no no no.

I start shaking my head, "No, no, no, no." I mumble stepping backwards.

"Amar?" She asks with a pained look on her face. But it doesn't sound like her.

My eyes shoot open, as I feel slender hands rubbing my back and a voice asking me if I'm okay.

I'm breathing heavily as the dream replays in my minds.

"Baby? Amar?" I finally shoot my head up to look at Adrian's worried face, "Are you okay?" His green eyes stare deep into my own.

I don't know.

My breathing calms as he caresses my cheek. This is real. This is not a dream right here.

"I- I- I'm better now... it was just uh a bad dream. Sorry."

He smiles softly, his blonde hair falls delicately over his face, "It's alright." He swipes a wild curl behind my ear.

I wrap my arms around his shoulders and pull him in for a much needed hug.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asks nuzzling his face into my hair.

I sigh, keeping my face in the crook of his neck, "Just Richard or uh my dad- if you could even call him that," I scoff, "being a dick, and getting back with my mom. But- but I know that's not gonna happen."

I hope.

He kisses my head, "Of course it won't babe."

I sigh. Basking in the comfort of his arms, and breathing in his scent. The bright morning sun beaming through the large glass back door is what makes me realize we slept on the couch. I open my mouth to apologize for making him sleep out here and for probably crushing him.

"You hungry?" He asks.

Yes but I don't want to move.

"Mhm" I hum.

"Ok, let's get up and I can make us breakfast." He says patting my lower back, signaling me to get up.

I groan at the thought of moving.

"Amar, babe! Get up!" He laughs when I don't make a move to get off of him. In fact, I wrap my arms tighter around him.