Chapter 38 - Bloody Truth

I smiled sadly, "For teaching me to never trust anyone again. I guess in this world, you only have yourself. You truly can't rely on anyone because all they are going to do is stab you in the back. That stab in the back from people you love hurt worse from those who you know are enemies." I said as I walked away from his cell and slammed the dungeon door shut and made my way up the stairs, with tears flowing down my face.

"What did that bastard do?" Vinchenzo growled.

"Nothing. I just thought he was someone I could trust." I said as I wiped the tears away.

"Where is she? I want to see her!" I heard Sienna yell.

"She is here Sienna. Calm down, you will overwhelm her." Vinchenzo said in a surprisingly gentle tone.

"Sorry, Vitali." She said, lowering her voice.

"It is okay Sienna." I smiled, "I am a little shook. Can we go for a walk?" I asked her as I pulled her into a hug.

I saw her look towards Vinchenzo who discreetly nodded, "Of course, we will be by the river."

"Take two men with you." He said.

"Of course Vitali," Sienna said before we walked towards the Cerulean room.

I watched as she tidied up the counter and summoned Lavender to take her place at the bar. She gave her a few instructions before she glanced up at me and smiled.

"It has been so long since you last worked here," Sienna said.

"It really has. I have to admit, I really do miss it." I said.

"It really is not that fun." She admitted, "It was a lot more entertaining when you were around. The love story... and the tension between you and the Don was very fascinating." She said as we walked towards the closet, "Sorry. I just need to change this jumpsuit it feels gross." She said before she walked into the closet and I stood outside waiting for her. 

I recalled the moment Sienna had helped me change and gave me my jumpsuit. It felt like that whole story was millions of years ago but in reality, it was only last year.

"Let us go!" Sienna declared a few minutes later, "Alessio and Adriano will be going with us." She told me as we made our way down the corridors.

"Aren't those two Vinchenzo's bodyguards?"

"That is what they are, but if we are being brutally honest... he does not need them. I am certain he can fend for himself."

Soon Alessio and Adriano joined us outside on the paving of the massive mansion. This mansion was the disguise that Vinchenzo used to his the underground compound. The house looked like a dream vacation home that was placed on what could be assumed to be a farm that did not grow any crop.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Sienna asked me as we made our way to the trail.

"It is a hell of a long story. I don't know if you wanna hear it." I said timidly as I looked at her face to determine her real reaction to my words.

"Of course! I want to support you and give you some love advice." She said happily.

So, I began to tell her my story. I told her about Emilio, Constanzo and Vranchesco. I explained what happened with the Stalias princess, Eliza, and how she tried to take Vranchesco away from me, claiming that he was her fiancee. I told her how I got hit by a Jeep Wrangler and how Vranchesco was the man who had driven the car into me. I told her that he sat in the dungeons currently. I only chose to leave out two facts: Eliza Stalias and Francesca Vitali were in cahoots with one another and the fact that Constanzo Domano had the key I desperately wanted.

"That is so complicated." She said as soon as I stopped talking.

"I agree. It was a whole lot to endure and it was an emotional burden. I feel like I can't trust anyone because all they seem to do is stab me in the back." I explained as I ducked beneath a tree branch.

"You know, Vinchenzo is very honest. I was so surprised after we found out what he had done. I think he knew that his loyalty to his father came first, I am pretty certain Leonardo Vitali would have him killed on the spot if he refused." Sienna said.

"Leonardo?" I asked confused, "You mean his father? The one that allegedly killed his mom?" I asked.

"Yes, that is his father. I want to clear something up, Leonardo did not kill his wife but Constanzo Domano did."

"What?" I gasped, "But how? Why?" I asked confused.

"The Domano family used to be the biggest and most successful family in the United States. Then Leonardo moved in from Sicily and begun a smaller version of the great Italian mafia here. He met Bianca, married her and had a child. When Vinchenzo was around five years of age she was killed, I don't know how... all I have pieced together from listening to conversations with Vinchenzo and his dad is that it could be Constanzo. Please don't assume that I am one hundred per cent right, my Italian understanding isn't the best."

"Oh my goodness. Who was Vinchenzo's mom? Why did she die?" I asked.

"This is going to sound very far fetched but this is my theory. I haven't been told this story... I have pieced together from the rumours that float around in this place and phone calls that I overheard. When I saw Vranchesco being brought in, I noticed that he looked a lot like Bianca. Bianca was Vinchenzo's mother and I assume that she cheated on Leonardo. I assume that Vinchenzo has a half brother but none of us knows who it is or if this is even true. I have thought about this a lot but... what stands out to me the most is Vranchesco's striking resemblance appearance to Bianca's is one dot that I managed to connect." Sienna said in a hushed whisper as she looked around the trees as though she was expecting to be caught.

"So you are basically telling me that Vranchesco and Vinchenzo are half brothers?" I gasped.

Hey Reddies!

Cliffhanger... again! 

Are you surprised? Let me know all of your predictions in the comment section, do you think Sienna's theory is correct or is she just playing with Arianna's mind?

Don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter and make sure you leave your thoughts in the comment section below!

See you next update!

Lots of love

Perla :)