Chapter 10 - McDonald's & Confessions

We ordered some take away from McDonald's. Vinchenzo looked very uncomfortable as he handed the lady at the till his credit card.

"Are you sure about this?" He grimaced as he took the brown paper bag.

"Of course ! Are you concerned about your figure?" I teased and he rolled his eyes.

"I work out Red. I don't need to." He winked.

I rolled my eyes and opened the bag and took out my order of chicken nuggets. I ate them in the car as we drove back to the compound. I listened to Vinchenzo complain about the bullet hole at the back of his car but I just ignored him and let him rant. He also seemed hesitant to try eat McDonald's but soon he warmed up to the idea and ate his cheese burger.

"This doesn't taste so bad." He said as he took another bite and I laughed.

"I want to ask you something." I said and he looked at me with wide eyes.

I wanted to chicken out. I was scared that he would reject my offer but I had to do it. I had no choice and no other way to get to Constanzo Domano.

"What is it Red?" He asked me.

I sighed, "I need your help to get me into the Domano base. I need to get something very important from Constanzo." I admitted.

Telling him the full truth was better than lying to him. By telling him the truth I would be able to get his help.

"Constanzo?" He asked, "Why the hell do you want to get to the Domano base?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I need to fetch something from him. I can't tell you what it is."

"Alright." He said, "I can help you. Emilio is part of the Domano family but he is actually working for me. He will help ypu get in but the process will be quite long. You may have to change your appearance because Iñigo and Constanzo are best of friends and Iñigo will easily recognise you." Vinchenzo told me as he started the long drive home.

"Thank you!" I told him and he grinned as he relaxed his seat.

We drove him in absolute silence. The silence wasn't awkward nor annoying rather it was more comfortable and relaxing. I was thankful that Vinchenzo had agreed to help me out because if he had said no, I would have been royally screwed.

When we arrived at the compound, Vinchenzo called his mechanics who promised they would fetch his car early the next morning. He then had walked me to my bedroom and gave me a kiss on the forehead before he left me alone to my own devices.

I showered my red hair and looked in the mirror. Vinchenzo was right, I had to permanently change my appearance. I looked in the mirror and ran my fingers through my red strands as tears fell down my face.

My red hair was something I absolutely loved. Red haired people were often hated on and I was bullied at school for it for a short period. That was when I was desperate to change it. I didn't want to die it a light colour such as blonde because then I would have to damage my hairs  pigmentation and so black was the better option.

Black also suited my pale face and I could possibly ask for a wash out type dye. That way I could disguise myself and not damage my hair.

I sat on the bed with the lights turned off. I thought about how I would manipulate events to suit my liking. Maybe, I would have to make Constanzo fall in love with me or perhaps I would have to suffer and go through hell first.

This time I was alone. Alone. Luciano DuVitto was definelty not coming with me this time. I lay in bed tossing and turning before I decided that I needed someone to talk to and that someone was going to be Vinchenzo since no one else knew about the whole Domano family fiasco.

I needed him to reassure me and to let me know that all was going to be okay. It seemed like he was the only one that could get through to me. Stay strong Arianna! Do not fall for him! I reminded myself as I slipped on my slippers and headed to Vinchenzo's office. I had a weird gut feeling that he was in there. I knocked three times.

"Come in!" He called and I opened the door.

He looked up, "Red? What are you doing here?" He asked me as put out his cigar and trashed it in the bin next to him.

"I couldn't sleep." I admitted.

His green piercing eyes softened, "What is bothering you?"

"I'm scared." I admitted.

"Scared about what mia cara?" He said and pulled me to sit on his lap. He hugged me as I relaxed.

"I don't want to go alone to the Domano base." I said as memories of Iñigo hurting me returned to haunt my mind vividly.

"You won't be alone, Emilio will be with you. He'll care for you otherwise I will murder him." He whispered to me with a small smile.

I sighed, "It's very important that I go. I don't want to fail her." I told him hesitantly.

I remembered what my mother had said to me in  her letter : You must dispose of what you find and never tell anyone that you don't fully trust about it. But the only problem I faced was: Could I trust Vinchenzo? Was he worthy of my trust?

I looked into his green eyes that portrayed so much emotion. That emotion looked as though it was filled with love but I couldn't dwell on that. I needed to remind myself that I was here on a personal mission. The plan was: I would get to Constanzo, get the key, dipose of that box and flee to the other side of the world.

"Red?" Vinchenzo asked.

"Huh?"

"You zoned out my love." He smiled.

"Sorry."

"Don't apologise."

"Oh alright."

Hey Guys!

That pic above is of Sienna :D does anyone know what the actress's name actually is ?

I just wanted to thank you all for your sweet dms  on Instagram and Wattpad. They honestly make my day when I read them so thank you 💙💙 you guys are the sweetest !

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:

Which character in the Red Mafia series is your favourite and why?

I think besides the main characters I really like Tristiaan (said as: tristiyaan) because he is a cute character that brings light into the story. I personally didn't want it to be dark so Tristiaan's character sheds some light :)