Chapter 19 - Domano Estate

"Welcome to the Domano estate." An old lady with dark grey hair said as she opened the door and let us in, "Sir is in his room resting. We've just given him his meds." She told us.

"Meds?" Vranchesco gasped as he turned and looked at his father with wide and curious eyes which led me to believe that he had no idea that his grandfather was taking meds.

"Come in Vran. I'll explain it to you. Call Albert to take our bags up to the room, Natalia."

The lady at the door - Natalia - nodded her head and scurried off toward a long narrow corridor.

"Father tell me." Vran demanded.

"Vranchesco you must promise to not become angry." His  dad said cautiously

"I can't promise you that." He grunted as he trudged after his father leaving me behind and alone in the massive mansion.

I walked around the glass coffee table and headed over to the fireplace where many picture frames were neatly placed on display. I looked at young Vranchesco and other boys however I didn't recognise them. I noticed Constanzo in a picture frame and was beyond shocked to see my  mother holding hands with Constanzo dressed in a ruby red dress. There was a giant diamond ring resting on her finger which certified that Constanzo had been telling the truth.

My mother really had been engaged to a mafia leader.

I wanted to laugh. I wanted to laugh because I didn't want to cry. Seeing her youthful face in the picture just made me want to burst into tears as my body reminded me just how much I missed her.

I grabbed my phone out of my jean pocket and photographed the image. As I cropped it in my gallery - a group of elegantly dresses women walked into the house. Their heels were clicking in sync against the marble floor.

"Who are you?" A lady dressed in a bright red, skin tight dress askes as she puffed out cigarette smoke in my face, her blue eyes staring intensely at me.

Her posture and behaviour reminded me of Franchesca Vitali and that is not the best memory.

"Arianna, Vranchesco's fiancee." I told her before she gasped and her hand landed on my cheek.

It took a while to register but I couldn't believe it. She had slapped me. This girl had just slapped me!

I looked at her with shock, "Why'd you just do that?" I demanded.

"I'm his fiancee!" She screeched.

"Actually I am." I told her before I walked away from her, leaving her to her dramatic wails.

I sat down on a peach leather couch somewhere else in the whole hall. My dyed black hair was resting upon my shoulders and I noticed that the black dye was starting to wear off. I had to get the key and I had to get out of here.

Feelings shouldn't have no part in this whole ordeal. He should have just been my little pawn to get to Constanzo, steal the key and head back to my house and see what to do next. I had to do this for my mother.

Contanzo walked upto me and my eyes immediately went to the chain around his neck. It was similar to the one my mother always wore and I was certain that the key was hiding beneath his dark blue smart shirt.

"Why are you sitting here alone? Have the other girls not made you feel welcome?" He asked me.

"I guess I'm not the only one engaged to Vran." I told him with a frown.

"What do you mean?" Constanzo asked me confused.

He sat down beside me and peered at me. His hair was slicked back with a sweet smelling gel and the whole hair style suited him very well.

"A girl asked me who I was and I responded with 'Vranchesco fiancee' she had the audacity to slap me in the face and tell me that she is in fact the one betrothed to him." I told him.

"That's nonsense. I will sort it out immediately. Just give me a vague description and we can figure out who she is." He told me angry.

"I do not want to cause fights or drama within the family." I warned him standing up.

"You won't but what she has done warrants a little bit of tension. I'll sort it out, you must take your rest and freshen up. All your bags are in the room that was set out for you."

"Thank you." I said to him.

"I'll call someone to show you the way." He said before he promptly left the room, leaving me alone again.

A few moments later Natalia walked into the room.

"Follow me." She said solemnly leaving no room for conversation.

We walked down a long passage way that had elegant wallpaper and many famous paintings that I recognised from learning about them in school. I was surprised Leonardo Da Vinci's Monalisa wasn't on display in this house.

The floor was covered in a beige coloured carpet that had some feint floral designs. There were small glass and clay ornaments that decorated the floor and made the house look even more fabulous. Just as I was eyeing a clay vase that was painted with such precise detail Natalia opened a door and told me it was mine.

"Do you want me to unpack? Or would you like to do it yourself?" Natalia asked me as she took a step back.

"I can do it myself thank you so much!" I told her.

"You're most welcome madame." She said before she left the room and closed the door gently behind her.

I admired the room. The bed was massive and took up quite a bit of the room. There were some male products that were already unpacked and in place when I realised I was once again sharing a bedroom with Vran.

I sat unpacking my suitcase into the walk in closet when the door creaked open. I couldn't see who it was as I was inside.

"Vran? Is that you?" I called out but didn't receive a response.

I withheld a scream when a large hand was placed over my mouth and eyes and I was dragged out the room. The clothe that had been placed over my nostril had a foul smell to it as I begun to see shimmering stars before I saw nothing at all...

Hey Guys!

I'm so sorry for not updating any sooner but this chapter seemed to take a lot to write. I had many ideas that I wanted to put in so I had to choose a few.

Anyways, I would love to hear your thoughts! Don't forget to vote, comments and let me know what you thought of this chapter.

Xoxo
Perla ;)