Chapter 6 - Mom

1 WEEK LATER...

I was feeling better physically although not as good emotionally and mentally. As I looked into the mirror, my blue eyes were void of emotion as I sat in the centre of my late mothers bedroom sifting neatly through her clothes, books and treasures boxes.

Her clothes had a thick layer of dust covering them and so did all her books. Everything was left as though she were alive. The only difference was that all of my father's belongings were long gone.

I carried on removing all the clothing from her wardrobe with fresh tears streaming down my face. The scent of her cologne still lingered in the air. As I continued packing her clothing into boxes I came across a thick, heavy metal box with a keyhole. I tried prying the box open hut it wouldn't budge.

I had a massive gut feeling about having to open the box and get whatever was inside. The curiosity only increased as I shook the heavy bpx and heard several things tumbling around. I searched the whole room and yet the key was nowhere to be found.

"The letter!" I gasped as I flung the door open and ran down the stairs to my father who was sipping coffee on the front porch alone.

"Dad!" I said, "Dad! Where's the letter mom left for me?" I asked.

Only now did her death seem suspicious to me. My mother knew she was going to die and that was why she had written all of us letters. What she hadn't anticipated was Alison, my sister, following her.

"It's on my dresser. Why are you in such a hurry?" He asked me as he quirked an eyebrow.

"I need to read what she said to me." I said and he nodded before he went up the staircase and fetched the letter.

As soon as he came back down, I took the letter out of his hands and ripped open the seal and pulled out the contents of the letter.

Dear Arianna. By the time you read this I will be dead. I'm not sure for how long but I won't be with you anymore. I hope you know that I love you and everyone else above all things. I hope you can forgive me for not telling you when I was alive but a mother has to make greater sacrifices. I hope you would be able to understand that.

I folded the letter. She knew she was going to die and didn't think that telling us would be a good idea. At least we could have been prepared. I unfolded the letter again and noticed that there were tear drops on the page and then I decided to read on.

You're the only one that knows that I knew about my death in advance. I didn't tell neither Alison nor your father. You're the only one that I know can avenge me but first you must go through my clothing until you find a metal box with a keyhole.

There are two keys that are able to open this box. The one I always wore around my neck and the other one is with Constanzo  Domano. He is the leader of the Domano family. He wears the key on a metal chain around his neck and never leaves it for he knows that if anyone that could ever get ahold of the box will hold the power to destroy.

Arianna, I am warning you that the box will lead you to a place where no greedy person can ever come back from. You must dispose of what you find and never tell anyone that you don't fully trust about it. I trust that you will follow my instructions well.

All my love,
Your mother.

I folded the letter and pushed it back onto the envelope. I went back to my mothers bedroom and picked up the box and shook it. The contents rattled and I had the urge to open it but first I needed a way to get back into the mafia world and I knew exactly who would be able to help me.

I grabbed the piece of paper Tristiaan had given me and dialed the number.

"Hello?" Tristiaan asked.

"Hey it's me. I changed my mind and I need to see Vinchenzo again. You're right I am torturing myself for nothing and have chosen to forgive him instead." I said lying through my teeth.

My justification for using Vinchenzo is that he already used me. Now, I'm using him back as my payment.

"I knew you would change your mind! The compound will be delighted to have you back." He said with glee before he told me that he would meet me precisely at three o'clock in the afternoon as he had a few errands to run.

I agreed and ended the call. I went to my childhood bedroom and packed all the clothes I brought back from the compound into a luggage bag and hauled it down the staircase.

"Where are you going?" Claire asked as she walked over to me after hearing all the commotion that occurred when I dragged my bag down.

"I have to head out on another mission. I will be back to visit you guys sometime. Please tell my dad!" I told her and pushed all my luggage into the boot of my car and backed out the driveway and headed to where I was supposed to meet Tristiaan. I placed the letter from my mother on the dashboard as soon as I got to the location.

My phone beeped and I saw a text from Tristiaan saying he was here. When I looked up and saw him waving at me with a massive smile on his face it made me feel excited to be back. I did miss everyone and couldn't wait until I saw Sienna again.

"Arianna!" Tristiaan called and pulled me into a hug before I saw his twin brother Trevor and he gave me a hug too which surprised me. My first encounter with Trevor wasn't a happy one but he had come a long way to the point where the word 'rat' between him and I was a word of endearment.

"So the plan is this: Trevor will drive your car back to our house and leave it there until you want to come back and visit.  Is quite short and sweet, does it sound good?" He asked and I nodded as I grabbed all my stuff out of the car and tossed my keys to Trevor who easily caught it.

"Drive super fast!" Tristiaan called after him and I rolled my eyes laughing.

Well, well, well !

To be honest I do not think any of you saw it coming ... or did you ???

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:

Who is your favourite author outside of wattpad?

Mine include: Richelle Mead, Anthony Horowitz, Stephanie Meyer, Wendy Higgins and many others !

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment in the comment section below!

Xoxo
Perla 💗