Chapter 15 - Friends?

Rösa was disappointed when she was called again to take me back to Vranchesco's bedroom. I was disappointed that I had to share a room with him but I needed to stay on Constanzo's good side so that I'm not killed or maybe sent to the staff house.

"I thought I told you to get out before I got back." Vranchesco said when he saw me sitting on the couch watching t.v.

"Your father wants to talk to you now." I told him, ignoring his comment.

"And you need to get out of my room." He said glaring while I rolled my eyes.

"Go." I shooed him away.

Time passed quite quickly - or maybe it was because I was busy watching t.v.- which was surprising because I thought that Vranchesco would have put up a fight. He seemed to dislike me immediately and now that he found out we were to be married he was absolutely furious.

I watched him slam the door open and then slam it shut. If looks could kill I would be buried a million feet under. He threw himself on the bed and would occasionally crack his knuckles. Vranchesco looked deep in thought as he stared up at the galaxy on his ceiling.

"You like astronomy too?" I asked him as I lay on the bed next to him.

"I do not want to talk to you." He said and turned so that his back was facing me.

I rolled my eyes, "You know... you do not have to be so mean. We do not have to love each other but we can at least be friends." I asked him.

He turned to face me again, "Friends?"

"Yes friends." I told him smiling.

"But we are getting married by force." He stated.

"Duh captain obvious!" I said to him and he nodded.

"Fine. Friends it is."

We spent the next two hours learning about each other. I learnt that he hated the colour orange, his mother was killed in a mafia war, he was a pro at tennis and loved to go on long hikes. I didn't tell him about my mother or my sister as I thought they were too personal.

I woke up and saw that a breakfast tray was next to me. Vranchesco, like the gentle man he is, slept on his couch. I wouldn't have complained much because the couch looked very comfortable and massive. He was standing by a mirror and he was tying his tie. He was dressed in a red suit that really suited him. His hair was gelled to the side which made him look super attractive.

"Good morning!" Vranchesco greeted as he took long strides towards me.

"Morning." I greeted yawning.

"Father said we must head out and look at some dresses for our engagement party." He told me before looking at his wrist watch, "We leave in an hour. Eat your breakfast, shower, get dressed and do what you need to do and I will be back here to fetch you so we can go."

"Alright, thank you." I said as I pulled out my phone and sighed.

I scrolled through my Instagram account and liked a few pictures from some distant relatives. My cousin, Bernadette, had a pair of beautiful male twins which caused my heart to yearn for some kids of my own.

Kids seemed like unauthorised territory especially with Vinchenzo himself. He hated what he did and I could remember the night clearly.

"I want kids someday. Do you want them too?" I asked him as I looked up at the stars looking for some constellations that I could point out to Vinchenzo.

"No." He said sharply as he looked down at me with a grimace.

"What do you mean 'no' Vinchenzo?" I asked him feeling a little sad.

"I hate my life. I hate how I had a terrible childhood. I don't want any other person in this world to experience and certainly not my own child and my own creation. That child is better off not conceived." He said and I understood. He had a point.

"I understand." I said not prying. He would tell me what he wanted me to know.

I closed my phone and looked at the tray on the bed side table. The food looked absolutely mouth watering. There was a small stack of pancakes coated with some syrup. There was also a bit of toast, eggs and strips of bacon. I ate some of the food and it tasted amazing.

I decided to venture to the bathroom and take a shower. The warm water helped massage all the awful knots in my back. When I washed my dirty black hair, the water turned black which indicated the dye slowly coming off. I wrapped a towel around my body and stepped out.

The bathroom was lavishly decorated. It had sensor lights and the floor was made of glass. Beneath the glass was water and you could see the fish swimming around. I made a mental note to ask Vranchesco how they fed the fish. The bathtub was massive and had a custom made back rest which made me want to make use of it.

I looked in the mirror that was mounted up against the wall. I still didn't like seeing my reflection. I wanted my red hair back but I couldn't do that now, I still had Iñigo Stalias to watch out for. The reason why I had dyed my hair black was to make sure no one would figure me out but Constanzo had known it was me which baffled me.

I walked over to my bag that was still half unpacked. I grabbed one of the tubes Michaela had given me and lathered some cream onto my hair. I pulled on a black tank top and paired it with a pair of grey joggers and some Nike takkies before I waited for Vranchesco to arrive.

"Took you long enough." I huffed when he walked into the room three hours later.

"Sorry." He mumbled before I took him in and gasped.

"You're bleeding!"

"No sh*t Sherlock." He said rolling his eyes.

"What happened to you?" I demanded to know.

Hey Guys

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm so sorry for missing a few updates this week but I promise to try my best for next week... I hope you can forgive meee

Anyways here is today's update and I hope you enjoy it ! Don't forget to click on the vote button and leave a comment in the comment section.

Xoxo
Perla