Chapter 20 - Shocked

I screamed as my eyes widened and I saw that I did not know where I was. My hands were tied up in metal chains to the wooden table I was lying on and so were my feet.

I was dizzy. I felt like my conscious was appearing and then disappearing. I couldn't fathom where I was or who had taken me. The only possible option was the girl in the red dress but I had my doubts. She seemed to be a more "all bark no bite" type of person and with that being said I genuinely had a good ability to read people.

I tried kicking and screaming but I knew that it was worthless. Instead, I should have been trying to break away but I couldn't. My limbs weren't tied together and had they been it would have been easier to escape.

Suddenly the door opened gently. A man wearing nothing but black walked in with a key dangling off of a hoop. I whimpered in fear as he took his mask off.

"I'm here to save you!" He told me.

"Emilio?" I gasped recognising the voice immediately. He was Vinchenzo's implant.

"Yes! Now shh! Don't give me away." He warned as he untied my legs and hands.

"Run Arianna." He told me, "Run and never look back." He hissed as he opened the door for me.

"I need the key!" I cried out.

"What key?" Emilio asked.

"The one sitting around Constanzo's neck. I need it! I have to get it!" I said my mothers' words ringing through my head.

"Okay. You need to be careful of Eliza. She's Iñigo's daughter." Emilio told me.

"Who's that?"

"That stuck up bit-" he said as he cursed under his breath.

"I don't know who that is." I pointed out again.

"The lady in the red dress... that slapped you." He reminded me.

"Are you following me now?" I glared.

"Yes, Vinchenzo's order!" He whispered.

"Vinchenzo?" I asked.

"In case you forgot Miss Dawson," Emilio glared, "Vinchenzo is the one that got you here."

"I do remember that."

"You know I haven't told him about the game you're playing with Vranchesco."

"And... what game is that?" I asked him flippantly.

"You're little game of house. You need to remember who you're loyal to. Whatever you are doing needs to immediately stop."

"I need the key." I said poking him in his chest.

"And you need to retain your loyalty."

"Yes but-"

"Butts are for ashtrays." He said before he walked off whilst I tried to find my way out.

I twisted a couple of knobs and managed to open some doors and with luck, I got out. I was thrown out into a valley that was paradise itself. Lush fruit was growing, the stream was clear and cold as I placed my hands into it so that I could wash away the sweat and grime off my face.

I continued to walk around. I did not know where I was, or where I was even headed. I still did not think that Constanzo Domano would be the one to send someone after me in the safety of his own house. Therefore, the only logical person was Eliza - purely out of her jealousy. 

You have only met her once, she can't possibly be that bad! I thought to myself as I kicked the sand and stones with my feet. She was Iñigo's daughter so he probably asked her to put me behind bars or help men get in and capture me. 

"Ari?" A voice called out.

I whipped around, this time I was on defence despite the fact that I knew who that voice belonged to. I could not afford to make mistakes. I had let this pity party go on for too long. Emilio was right, I was invested in something I knew wasn't going to happen. It was all a whole bunch of unrealistic dreams. Even the toughest of women wanted to feel affection and love.

"Vranchesco?" I asked as I looked up at him.

His eyes were red and puffy. His hair was messy. His lips were dried and cracked.

"What happened?"I asked him gently as I made my way to the rock he was sitting on.

"My grandfather has been suffering from lung cancer for two years now and no one thought telling me about it was a good idea." He yelled, allowing himself to release all the pent up emotion he had bottled up inside of him.

"Is he at least going through treatment?" I asked trying to be gentle and not cause him any anger or upset him further.

"Yes," He sniffed, "Chemotherapy. It is the reason he has no hair. It will also take longer to fully treat him because they can't expose him to the drug otherwise his body won't know how to handle it."

"But is he responding to it?" I asked.

"That is what his Oncologist has been saying. Apparently, six more months of chemotherapy and he will be completely clean."

"Then you must trust he will be well. All of you need to stand united with one another and support him no matter what. He needs your help, Vran. You can't leave him stranded when he needs you the most."

"I am just hurt that no one told me. I hate that."

"They were trying to protect you from the harsh truth. Cancer isn't something easy to hear about or even deal with. Your Grandfather is a strong one, he is bravely fighting it. You said so yourself." I reminded him.

"But-" He began.

"-no buts! Butts are for ashtrays." I warned, "Have faith Vran."

"Fine." He said and looked out, "What brings you here? You don't seem like the type to wander out the house."

"I just wanted fresh air. A place to breathe and think and so I came out on a walk and got lost and somehow ended up here." I lied to him.

I contemplated telling the truth however it didn't quite seem like the best idea. Vran was already hurting enough over his family member and I could not just throw out my drama on him. Emilio had found me in time and saved me. I didn't need to stress Vran out unless something suspicious happened between Eliza and me once we both walked back to the house.

"Nature is quite calming. I can agree with you on that." He said nodding and I sighed looking out at the stream.

Hi Guys!

Here is Chapter 20! I hope you enjoy it! 
We have finally learned the reason why Vran was upset when they got to the estate. 

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this book if you like it!

Love you all!

Xoxo
Perla