Chapter 34 - Sledgehammer

"Oomph!" I grumbled as I placed both my hands over my eyes in a sad attempt to block the sunlight streaming into the room.

"Rise and shine." A voice I knew way too well said to me.

"Leave me be! I have a headache." I protested.

"That is the consequence of being drunk as a skunk."

"I was not drunk and skunks don't get drunk..." I answered.

"tsk tsk tsk!" Vinchenzo clicked his tongue as he handed me two pills of panadol to kill the pain banging in my head.

"I feel like you hit me a couple of times with a sledgehammer." I moaned.

"The pain will be gone soon, mia cara." He whispered gently as he tucked my red hair behind my ear.

"I guess," I said as I laid back down.

That was when I noticed that I wasn't in my dorm room at the compound. I immediately sat back up and cursed my luck as my head began to violently pound.

"Where am I?" I demanded to know.

"My house."

"Why am I at your house?" I asked as I heard the sounds of heels clicking in the hallways.

"Vinchenzo! Vinchenzo where are you?" The female voice called.

"In here Franny!" He called back as I threw the duvet over my body.

"Why are you here?" She asked as soon as she opened the door, "And what's that?"

Although I could not see her I was positive that she was referring to me hunched up under the duvet, hiding from her vicious stares.

"Oh don't you worry about it! Has Petro not made you some breakfast?" Vinchenzo asked.

"I had him killed."

"Excuse me?" Vinchenzo hissed. Then I heard some more footsteps, these footsteps belonged to Vinchenzo.

"I asked the guards to take Petro down to the dungeon."

"But why Francesca?" He hissed.

"He was being... you know disrespectful to me. I hate it when people lie or are disrespectful to me in any manner." She said and I could picture the look of arrogance on her snobbish face.

"Petro is a good loyal guy! Why would he disrespect you?" He yelled.

"He said that James Lionel was secretly betraying us and telling all our strategies and plans to Stalias! How dare he disrespect James like that! James is a loyal man and Petro disrespecting him makes me so furious and-"

"Why the hell are you defending James? I thought that you guys were not dating!"

"We are not!" She protested meekly.

"Now that is what a first-class liar looks like." He said back venomously, "You better tell them to bring back Petro and if he has a single scar or the tiniest injury - it will be you who pays for it." He said before he slammed the door shut and I could no longer hear their voices.

I sighed with relief and then pulled the duvet off my head. I was left in shock as I met Francesca's eyes.

"You!" She growled as she stood up.

"You are the one that has been meddling with my brothers head! He used to obey me! He used to do what I wished him to do! Then you stupidly came into his life and suddenly you are the mafia princess and he disregards me." Francesca hissed.

"That is not my problem," I said and looked away from her.

"Well, I have now made it yours. I will back off and leave you alone if you promise to get Vinchenzo off my back about the James."

"Why exactly would I do that for you? I am not scared of you." I laughed.

"Even with a hangover you're still very much annoying and I want to bash your skull in using a sledgehammer." She said as she stood up.

"Good luck with that one," I smirked at her.

"Just so you know... I know what you and Eliza are up to." I said and watched her freeze up before I slid out of the bed and walked out.

I did not have time to marvel at the beauty of the palace that I was in. All I knew was that I had to get out of this area before Francesca stabbed me with her pocket knife, the one she would constantly flip when she was at the compound. I was pretty sure that she kept that in the heels of her stilettos. I know, yes, that was an exaggeration, but she was quite stealthy for a drama queen who loved her appearance a little too much.

I ran down the staircase and that only helped me to get lost even further. There were plenty of rooms and to the right of where I was standing, the wall was made of thick glass that allowed one to marvel at the beauty of nature, specifically the ocean and the sunrises and sunsets.

I opened a random room and felt drawn into it. The intoxicating scent of Vinchenzo's cologne engulfed my nostrils as I walked around and looked at the finished and half-finished paintings and sheets of music. I walked around, afraid to touch any of the delicate canvases put on display, and marvelled at how beautiful they were. They were mostly of perfectly drawn landscapes and I recognised that a few of the paintings were done of the view from the glass wall. 

I walked a little further and nearly cried as I looked at the finished painting of myself sitting in the corner of the room. I looked at how he painted my iris pattern and how he perfectly captured the colour of my eyes and the colour of my hair. I looked like a marvel hero as he had depicted me dressed in a leather suit holding two guns in my hands and had three tucked into my waistband. I had a fierce look of determination on my face. I was in awe at how well he had captured every single small detail that I didn't even know I had, from the slight curl in my hair to the splash of freckles on my face, I was truly amazed.  

"I know you're a bad girl but I didn't think trespassing was something that you would do." A voice said.

Hey Guys!

You won't believe how excited I am for you guys to read this chapter! I sincerely hoped you enjoyed it as it has been in the works for weeks!

What do you guys think about Vinchenzo's drawing and musical abilities?

Don't forget to leave a vote if you enjoyed this chapter and make sure to leave your thoughts in the comment section to let me know how you found it! Looking forward to reading all of them!

Until next time,

Much Love

Perla xx