It's Alright, Ma (I'm only bleeding)

Start from the beginning

     "The patient's stable for now. Edward's been instructed to page me if anything changes."

    "That's good." she pulled out a pair of sweatpants, she paused when she found a blue t-shirt, it was faded and worn down, it had DUKE MED in big white letters across the chest that were splitting apart. Even from inside the duffle bag, it still smelt like him.

Amelia had looked up from her tablet, her sister had been a little too quiet for her liking, she noticed how watery Gisele's eyes were as she stared down into her bag, "You okay?" Gisele responded with a hum. She stood up, peering over her sister's shoulder, she read the words on the shirt and was confused, "Duke Med? Why do you have a shirt from Duke Med? You went to UCLA."

   Andrew walked in, saving her from having to answer Amelia's question.

     "Hi guys, just got the results from your blood work back and you're in fact dehydrated and anemic. Robbins wanted to hook up an IV, so you'd absorb fluids quickly," he held up a bag of fluids and a butterfly needle, "You're a little too dehydrated for her liking, so she wants you get two bags of fluid but we'll start off with one."

Gisele let out a groan, resisting the urge to throw herself against the bed, she hated having to take fluids, she didn't know how to describe it but she hated the feeling, "Let me get changed first."

Gisele began undressing right there, not caring who was in the room with her, which caused Andrew to become uncomfortable. "Uh, I'll come back in a little-"

"You don't have to just give me a second," she quickly changed out of her scrubs and into the clothes Amelia brought. The smell coming off of the shirt oddly comforted her yet angered her at the same time, "You can stab me now." she claimed onto the stiff bed and laid her head against the pillow.

"I'm not going to stab you."

"I beg to differ." Gisele stared up at the ceiling, hoping to distract herself from the burning sting from the needle digging around her vein, it seemed useless since it felt like Andrew was digging around even harder, "Ow, who the hell taught you to insert an IV," Gisele yanked her arm back and snatched the needle from his hand, "You suck at this."

In one try, Gisele had it perfectly placed in her vein and secured in it place with tape.

"Okay. you did that freakishly well." Andrew said.

"I know."

"That's it for now, Robbins will stop by later to talk about your scans." Andrew explained.

They thanked him before he left and they fell into comfortable silence. Gisele grabbed the tv remote and turned on the tv.

"Can you turn the light off?" Gigi asked, her head started hurting a little.

"Yeah," Amelia got up, turning off the light, "That's Jackson's, isn't it?"

Gisele was trying her hardest to forget about him, at least for right now, but it seemed the universe had other plans for her, "I don't want to talk about it." she answered, her eyes never leaving the screen.

"Okay," Amelia said, "Sorry I brought that shirt, it was the first thing in your drawer that I grabbed."

"It's okay."

"Have you told mom yet?" Amelia asked, breaking the silence.

Gisele shook her head, telling her mom would mean her nitpicking sisters finding out. They still treated her like she was a little girl which she hated, "No. I probably should but if I do then she'll tell Nancy, who'll want to give me advice on pregnancy then she'll tell Liz. Who will tell Kathleen and we both know she's the worst. She will quite literally treat me like I'm some pregnant sixteen year old. Then again, I haven't actually made a choice, so I don't have to tell her, I mean you didn't..." Gisele grimaced, she hadn't intended for it to sound rude or insensitive in any way, "Sorry, if that sounded insensitive in any way, I didn't mean it like that."