Fifth year II.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..." Rhea lifted her head up at the sound of the headmaster's voice. She felt terribly tired and her head seemed heavy as it ailed as if someone was pinching her brain with sharp metal nails.

She and the twins had quite a nasty experience on the train where Rhea almost fainted when the black figure came into their compartment. Luckily for her, Remus came just in time to cast a Patronus charm. Saving the situation before anything could happen. Rhea would have done it herself, as she is quite skilled in this particular spell. But in the haste, she wasn't able to recognise the creature as Dementor. Nothing happened with either of them but the aftermath was now falling on Rhea, concerning both twins and her other friends.

"Are you sure you feel fine? I can take you to the Hospital Wing if you want..." Angelina suggested. She was a caring friend. Even if she doesn't let it be seen by the others. And when she found out what happened to Rhea she blew up on the twins saying that they should have kept an eye on her. Of course, it wasn't their fault. But try explaining that to an angry and worried mama Angelina. Impossible.

"I'm fine Ange...just a bit tired," Rhea muttered softly, giving her friends a tired smile that couldn't deceive anyone. But since no one wanted to cause a fuss in the packed-up Great Hall they kept quiet. All of them kept a close eye on the blond.

"As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business." The hinting couldn't be more subtle. Yet every student knew exactly what Dumbledore was talking about. And as if on cue many eyes turned towards the blond who was seated in the middle of the gold and red table, surrounded by her friends. Some stares were empathetic, others were mostly filled with hatred or fear. Even in the sea of her most trusted people, Rhea felt alone. The judgment surely being something that she should get used to during this year.

Unless they catch her father she won't get rest from the whispers and prejudice. But if her father gets caught it is clear as day that he will be killed. And maybe Rhea didn't get to spend much time with her father. Honestly, she didn't even know the man properly. Still, it would feel terrible, knowing that her father was dead. Though the knowledge of him being in Azkaban was not much better.

One way or another the outcome will be terrible for the young Black. And she was not sure if she is ready for any of that. Who would be? This was the kind of situation that no one can truly prepare for. Either be the outcast of the whole school or have her father dead. One way or another it's a loss. From her left, Rhea felt someone place a hand on her shoulder. Glancing in that direction she was met with a reassuring smile of none other than Fred Weasley.

The ginger noticed her racing thoughts and the nasty looks of the people around. If they weren't in the Great Hall that had all the professors in, he would do something else to stand up for his best friend. He didn't want to earn himself detention before the year even started. He planned on doing that later with George. They had plans you see. But Rhea was content enough with the simple gesture. It made her a bit more at ease and self-assured, she was ready to listen to the rest of Dumbledore's speech.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued, "and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises...or even Invisibility Cloaks," Rhea took this minor pause to glance at Harry. "It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I, therefore, warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the Dementors," he said.