I ring the door bell before hiding myself behind the right pillar.

"Who's there?" I hear George asking.

I stay quiet and wait for him to proceed.

"Anyone here?" He asks again when he sees no one at the door. He gets out of the house to look if someone is there. Taking it as cue, I slide backwards hiding my petite figure behind the pillar.

When he moves to the left, I quickly rush towards the door and enter in. I jog straight to Zayn's room making sure not to make any kind of noise.

You succeeded but do you have a plan how to get out? My thinking self scowls at me.

I shake my head to ignore her and look around.

The chain. I started searching for it, for what I have come here. In parallel, I observe that the room is same as I left it. No change no break here. I smile at the thought that how much he has changed.

The old Zayn would get angry and break things to ooze out his frustration. But this new Zayn is heavenly. I fall more for him every day. He is calm, calmer than ever. He remembers my promises. He is not giving up on me.

This is so overwhelming.

But I don't want him to cry over me. It hurts my insides fully and ferociously.

I bring back myself to work and start searching. I have searched the drawers, bedside, his closet but nothing. I achieve nothing.

Where did he just keep it? I look around.

Or throw it?

I rush towards the dustbin and check.

Nothing.

Bathroom, I go to the bathroom and look around. There it is.

My eyes shine looking at the piece mercilessly thrown in the corner behind the toilet. I was about to make noise but refrained immediately.

Two reasons.

One, Uncle George might come.

Two, master might hear me? If only the chain has been his source of spying.

I slowly walk and take that beautiful piece in my hand. My emotions take me back to the time and I reminisce happy moments attached to this chain.

How can he just throw it like this? The old Zayn is still there somewhere. I pout pressing my lips.

I observe it fully. The locket is broken. I turn it upside down frantically to find something. And yes...

My heart stopped for a moment and I hold basin for support.

There is that micro chip I was dreading the whole night. For this unearthly moment, I would praise that evil mind for such an intelligent task. He turned the locket into a nano-recorder by assembling its parts inside the locket body making it a recorder's body.

Thankfully it's broken now. And now I know why he was panicked. He lost track, I was right.

This way he always knew everything about Zayn, what he would do, would speak, what the people near him would speak, everything.

But when did he do that? When did he embed the recorder in chain?

Oh my god, this means the person might have met Zayn at some point of time. Only Zayn can tell from where he got this chain and who bought it for him.

Is this why he's taking me today itself? Because he lost his source to keep watch on us, what if I tell something to Zayn about him?

All my thoughts are put on rest by a gunshot.