WITNESS

Director Hong didn't go into the details; the truth was simple. The night the singer jumped out the window, Kwon Jin was having dinner at the family mansion. He left the room to catch a call talking from afar; he thought nobody heard him. The man couldn't imagine someone followed his lips movements. Kwon Jin excused himself, saying he had an urgent matter to attend to concerning work.

A few hours later, when Shin Bo Ra was brought in a critical state, director Hong knew he had to react quickly—tending to Bo Ra himself not letting anyone except his most trusted nurse, who was now retired, approach. He declared the singer dead. No one in Korea was going to contradict one of Korea's most eminent doctors. He then transferred the idol to one of his public facilities under a fake name.

The population didn't cry the singer much; most simply saw a stupid drug addict; others a sex hostess. For Kang Baek Hyun and Hong Kwon Jin, it was a benediction. The singer's death was due to Satellites Seo Kwan Gi's irresponsibility.

The hospital director kept his mouth shut till Seo Kwan Gi was arrested.

On the day of the Satellite CEO's death, the director planned to reveal Seo Kwan Gi's Alzheimer's, but Kwon Jin already accessed the file, which he destroyed. Kwon Jin warned his father by telling him to observe his Hippocratic oath. Director Hong had no choice but to follow with silence keeping the file confidential.

When the older man finished speaking, he got up and walked to Ahn hee Jin opened her hand and placed a microchip in it.

"Who says you can't teach an old monkey new tricks?" The older man said

"Director."

"It's Seo Kwan Gi's file; it's the last copy and the report I wrote when the paramedic brought in Shin Bo Ra."

"But you know this will condemn Hong Kwon Jin, your son."

"Arayo [I know], you wanted the truth, and I must stop lying. It's has been eating up ever since," the old man said, eyes shimmering with tears.

Ahn Hee-Jin could only imagine the pain the older man must have felt as he sealed his son's fate to doom.

Director Hong was an honest man who would have wished to have a son of his temperament. He knew better than anyone else the wrong Kwon Jin had done, and his silence made him the partner of Kwon Jin's crimes. Time had come to put a stop to Kwon Jin's cycle of evil and thirst for power.

Seoul, Dongdaemun

Chae Yeong worked in Dongdaemun in one of the restaurants behind the Doota department store, further down from the Hyundai department store.

Soo Yeon took a seat and ordered a bowl of ice ramen, the photos on the profile FIXXIT aka Kim Su Jung sent had nothing to do with what Soo Yeon saw.

The woman in front of her wasn't glamorous; her face was almost translucent, she had huge bags under her eyes, and her hair looked incredibly greasy.

If the investigator didn't see the photos of Chae Yeong as a model, never would she have accorded the woman the title of a beauty queen. The articles said Chae Yeong dated Hong Kwon Jin for a year; it was difficult to imagine the refined man in his tailored suit with the woman Soo Yeon saw. To associate the waitress with the man was almost blasphemy.

"Jeogi yo." [used when you want to catch someone's attention]

"Nae," [yes] replied the model who came back to Soo Yeon's table.

"Aren't you Chae Yeong, the famous model?"

A few heads turned, and Soo Yeon even heard giggling.

"I think you're mistaken," Chae Yeong said awkwardly, scratching her neck, before despairing behind and not coming back.

The girl ate and waited for a while before going outside. It was cold, but she had no choice but to camp there.

It was around 8 PM; the woman came out. Soo Yeon ran to her, "excuse me; please accept my apology for earlier. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"Who are you? Did he send you to check on me?"

"Who?"

"Don't pretend I know how he is; he wants to see If I'm still rotting. Tell me I'm putrid," Chae Yeong's eyes widened while her mouth twisted as she spat out her words.

"I'm sorry, I really don't know what you are talking about, but I need to ask you a few questions about Nirvana Blue."

The woman turned.

"Do you work for the police? Are you a journalist? No, that can't be. You are far too young. Who are you?" Chae Yeong asked, looking at Soo Yeon up and down. It was apparent the teen couldn't be one of Kwon Jin's muppets.

"I'm a person looking for the truth; people are dying. I need to know the story of the drug so that I catch the mastermind behind it."

"Catch you say, have you ever tried to catch a catfish? It slithers and slips through your hands. You won't catch anything, little girl. Get out of my way," Chae Yeong said, brushing past Soo Yeon.

"I know it's Marc Joubert who is behind it. I'm going for him."

"If you know, then why do you ask?"

"I need proof, testimonies. I need something that no court, judge, or jury can counter."

"Well, you won't get anywhere with me. I'm diagnosed with depression. I gulp down ten pills a day. My word is worth shit."

" Shim Chae Yeong Ssi, there's a singer who jumped out of her window. A man who ran in front of a car and a girl in a coma. And I don't know how many will follow. I need your help if you know anything."

"I don't knowㅡ."

"Shin Bora said you'd help."

Chae Yeong stopped in her tracks, "what did you say?"

"Shin Bora, she saidㅡ."

"Bora is dead.

"No, she isn't, and she says you know the truth," Soo Yeon said.

"Come tomorrow at noon."

One more step, within a day, the NETIZEN members were one more step closer to the truth, or were they?