L REBOOT

Seoul, Apgujeong CGV

No other word than beautiful came to Jun Ho's mind as he scanned Ga Eun, starting from the bottom and going up to meet her gaze. White heels, stonewashed slim pants, and a white cashmere sweater, the woman was chic. No one would believe her hands swam in a pool of blood of a patient's thorax in an operating block three hours earlier.

"You look gorgeous."

"Thank you, you're not bad yourself," Ga Eun returned, also eyeing Jun Ho's appearance.

Bordeaux turtleneck, black sherpa jacket with its wool collar turned up, and black jeans. Jun Ho was the relaxed and casual type of guy who never saw what hormonal commotion he caused.

Ga Eun always wondered what would occur if Jun Ho became aware of his charms.

Would he be like Kwon Jin?

No, she reassured herself. Jun Ho was the diametral opposite of her brother.

"What do you want to see?" Jun Ho asked.

"Uhm, an action movie."

"Tchin-cha," Jun Ho exclaimed.

"Why, can't a girl like a little action?"

"No, I didn't mean it's justー."

"You associate me with the sweet little candy girl, which I'm not. I've grown up too while you were away, Oppa."

Those words sent a chill down Jun Ho's spine; he didn't know whether it was the fact of discovering Ga Eun was not all that innocent or was the Oppa, which made Jun Ho feel a rope tightening around his neck. They watched the Justice League; despite the sound effects, Jun Ho slept through half the movie. While Ga Eun watched him with loving eyes, she had always loved him since the day they met at one of her father's hospital charities. Jun Ho was awkward, like almost 10-years-old. As for Ga Eun, she knew she would marry him.

Their families were not opposed to the idea; it was a tacit agreement. Even when Jun Ho was abroad, Ga Eun traveled to New York to see him with her mother. They were meant to be Ga Eun was patient, and now the time to take their relationship to another level. It was the only viable option for her almost 20 years of love. Mariage seemed a legitimate reward.

Jun Ho stretched his arms, "I'm sorry, I slept."

"It's okay; you must have a lot of work and pressure."

"You can say that again."

Ga Eun frowned with concern, "are you sure you want to have dinner? You seem so tired I wouldn't want you to fall headfirst in your Jjampong."

Jun Ho did not desire to disappoint Ga Eun, but her offer tempted him. Ga Eun read his facial expression decided to free him.

Ga Eun, "I'm not that hungry. How about a good coffee somewhere."

The woman did not care if she starved; she desired to be with him. The thought made her giggle as she realized how unreasonable her love for him was.

"I was thinking of taking a walk with you on the Han River," Jun Ho said.

A simple date at the cinema seemed so little the man wanted to give their rendezvous a little consistency.

"Oh well, let's do that."

They drove to the river in Jun Ho's car, Ga Eun had come with a driver, and Jun Ho already offered to drive her home afterward.

The night was cold, a gentleman, Jun Ho, put his jacket on her shoulders in a gesture which the lady appreciated. Wrapped up in his scent, Ga Eun felt hugged by him as they walked side by side. They sat down on a bench close to the river bank.

"You've always loved the Han River," Ga Eun said, putting an elbow on the bench to rest her head as she watched him.

"Yeah, every time I come here, I'm overwhelmed by a sensation of freedom. The place is filled with happiness—people riding bikes, couples, families with their children. The Han river makes me think the world is perfect. I feel comfortable here; I missed it so much when I was abroad. New York, London, Paris are so hectic. I'm at peace here."

Ga Eun listened, not that she was drinking his words, but she could listen to him forever. Jun Ho was her lullaby, the protector with whom she was safe and secure.

"Are you cold?" Jun Ho asked.

"I'm okay."

"Come here," Jun Ho said, stretching out his arms.

The man did not need to ask twice, "I really missed you," Ga Eun said, laying her head against his chest while he wrapped his arms around her.

Things were how they were supposed to be. They sat in silence for a while; time seemed to stand still for both of them. But a small thought crept in the back door of Jun Ho's mind. Hye Mi, did she get home safely?

Ga Eun shifted, sitting up to stare at him.

"Are you okay, Jun Ho?"

"Yes, why?"

"Maybe we should find somewhere warm to stay. The CNH café isn't far," Ga Eun said.

"Kol."

Han River, CNH café

A few minutes later, they entered the CNH café. The couple stood ready to order when the waitress turned.

"May I take your order?"

The three of them stayed stunned, staring at each other like cowboys waiting to see who would draw out their gun first.

"Soo Yeon," Jun Ho exclaimed.

"What will it be?" The girl repeated. Jun Ho didn't know what to think of her empty stare.

Soo Yeon was called in at the last minute. Lee Rim was still in shock, so the café manager chose Soo Yeon to replace her. For Seo Yeon, like for the inspector, the incident at L'Hexagone was just another tragedy piled in the box of horrors in their mind. They knew they had to act to stop the drug lord, but there was a time for everything, and now for the vigilantes had to play it Clarke Kent style, all smiles, and secrets.

 It was Sunday, and Soo Yeon did not expect to see the inspector. If Jun Ho were alone, Soo Yeon would have assumed he stalked her, but the man appeared to be a date. Jun Ho realized from Soo Yeon's expression it was the conclusion she came to and blushed with embarrassment.

"Nice to meet you, Park So Yeon Ssi," said Ga Eun breaking the silence. "You appear to be in better health." The girl in front of Ga Eun was even cuter than when she was half unconscious. Once again, a sentiment of insecurity surfaced in the woman's mind.

Why did she have to appear now?