PRETTY LITTLE IDOLE

3.11 years ago

Seoul, Gangnam-ro

SATELLITE ENTERTAINMENT

A STAR IS BORN

Some people are blessed from birth with looks, brains, wealth, and love. Some receive a few blessings; some receive none. There are a few people amongst, handpicked for some unknown reason, who get it all. 

Without a single effort, they were just born to rise above; they were just born to be stars.

Han Song Hi was one of the lucky ones. Every eye which set upon her found itself captured mesmerized by the unexplainable. Pretty but not heart-shattering, polite, and cheeky, Song Hi had the thing which just made you love her. And she possessed this crystal clear voice which overwhelmed you with well-being. It was almost mystical, and one felt healed when the girl sang a ballad.

And that's how Hong Kwon Jin felt in front of the Lolita in her red princess dress. Kwon Jin was at Satellite's entertainment annual bash, invited by Kyung Gi to celebrate their new star's first album. Song Hi sang her song Eternal promise for Kwon Jin only, at least how his heart interpreted it.

Kwon Jin couldn't remember the last time he was conquered by such emotion. As Song Hi finished, he clapped vigorously, making his friend Kyung Gi smile.

"I've never seen you so happy. What do you think of Satellite's new diamond?" Kyung Gi asked.

"She shines."

Kyung Gi chuckled at the sight of the stunned Kwon Jin and went to get Song Hi, who was getting off the stage before Kwon Jin could react.

"Song Hi, meet a good friend of mine, Hong Kwon Jin, he's a fan of yours."

The producer was proud to present the company's most talented artist.

"만나서 반갑습니다 [mannaseo bangapseumnida= nice to meet you formal] the girl said shyly with sparkling eyes as if she met Prince Charming. That's how Kwon Jin appeared to the teenage girl who didn't know any better.

Seo Kwan Gi made a sign from afar for his son to join him in a conversation. So Kyung Gi apologized and left the idol and his friend alone.

"Ajeossi, Kpop chuwanikka?" [Do you like Kpop mister used for a middle-aged man].

The word ajeossi almost made Kwon Jin choke on the champagne he sipped.

"Ah, uhm, I'm not that old," replied Kwon Jin though he knew he was twice her age. Yet, he preferred being referred to as Oppa. Lost for words, Kwon Jin wanted to talk to her, but it was just a matter of time before someone came and swept away.

The young woman seemed to wait for something. Kwon Jin could tell, but too many eyes observed them for him to ask her more questions.

"Ajeossi, would you like to take a photo with me?" Song Hi asked after 2 minutes.

"Uh, yes, why not?"

The idol took out her phone; it was white and hand-decorated as the trend.

"Hana, dul, set," [1,2,3] her face close to his. Song Hi pressed the button.

"Ajeossi, do you have Line or Ktalk? I'll send it to you."

It was as easy as that. Kwon Jin wanted her number, and Song Hi found a way as if she had read in his mind. At the same time, it seemed innocent and devilish of the child who noted his number before following another singer from the agency who came to fetch her.

In other circumstances, Kwon Jin would have said it was love at first sight, the forbidden type.

Was it Song Hi who came too late, or was it he who was born early?

Whatever the case, they were star-crossed, or were they?