He Said, She Said

Start from the beginning

Chloe looked down, avoiding eye contact with her sister. She didn't want to pick between Zoe and Lila, so she stayed quiet.

In the corner of Zoe's eye, she spotted Luka walking towards her with that soft smile that could make your heart stop.

He noticed the grim look on all of the girls' faces. He could tell that something had just gone down.

"Zoe, are you still up to head to your place? I can take you right now so you don't have to walk back.." Luka said, approaching her.

Zoe looked up at him with a small frown.

"What's up? Did I do something to upset you?" He asked, looking over her shoulder at Lila and Chloe.

Lila was frozen in place. She knew that Luka could expose her lies right then and there. She knew had to walk away and take Chloe with her and pretend that they're upset about something completely different.

Zoe looked back at Chloe and Lila, glaring.

Chloe felt guilty. She wanted her sister to branch out and meet some new people, but Lila was one of her best friends and she could see why she would be upset.

"Zoe? Are you going with him or us?" Chloe mumbled, trying to sound neutral.

Luka raised one eyebrow. He felt like he had done something wrong.

"Um.. I'm not sure what went down before I got here.. but I'm getting the feeling that I've done something wrong..?" Luka followed.

Zoe turned back to look at him.

"Well... did you?" She sighed.

Luka was taken back. He was really confused at this point.

"That's what I'm wondering...? Are you girls upset with me?"

Lila rolled her eyes and grabbed Chloe by her arm.

"Come on Chloe. We don't have time for this. If you want to be a good friend Zoe, you'd follow behind us."

Zoe watched as the girls walked away from her and Luka. She could feel him looking down on her. She really needed to know the truth.

"Luka, I know we've.. I guess.. been 'talking' for awhile now, and I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but Lila's really messing with my head." Zoe explained, hanging her head low.

Luka could tell that she had something important to ask him, but she was too embarrassed to spit it out.

"Did that Lila girl tell you something about me again?" He asked softly.

Zoe nodded and looked back up at him.

Luka let out a sigh and pulled Zoe into a hug. Her eyes widened and her body was stiff.

"Just stop listening to her, because I promise you I've never fucking talked to her.." He chuckled.

"I don't know why she's trying to get you to stop talking me but don't let her win.. I really like you Zoe... and I don't say that about many people.."

Zoe's face was buried into his chest. She felt comfort in his gentle tone. Her arms became more relaxed and she wrapped them tightly around his tall figure.

"Thank you for clarifying that Luka... I really needed to hear you say that.." She sighed into his chest, still holding on tight.

The two stood in the middle of the courtyard, embracing each other in that hug.

A few moments later, Luka had caught Marinette and Adrien laughing across the pad. Marinette glanced over at him and Zoe.

He quickly let go from the hug, and took a subtle step back. Zoe's eyes followed him and she noticed the sudden change in his body language

"I-I'm glad that we figured that out.. how about we head back to your place like we had planned yesterday?" He suggested nervously.

"Oh, okay? Are you okay Luka.. ?" Zoe asked, looking back to where he was staring.

She saw Marinette and Adrien talking with Alya and Nino. She turned her attention back on him.

"It's nothing. I'm good, trust me." He assured her. "Let's head to the parking lot, I've been dying to get out of here."

She looked to that group one last time. She found Marinette staring right back at her. The two girls made brief eye contact with each other but soon turned their attention back to what they were originally doing.

"Yeah okay.. I've been dying to get out of here too.." Zoe sighed following behind him.

Don't worry besties, there will be more Adrinette moments in the future! I read every single one of your guys' comments! :))

Let me remind you guys that I'm planning on making 65 chapters in this sequel. There will be more than enough Adrientte content. I'm trying my best to let you guys see every ship perspective in this book. Right now, I'm just trying to introduce Zuka.

Also, I'm sorry for only updating with one chapter today. I'll be updating with more this week hopefully. I'm going to be out of town for two weeks in August btw, so that effect my updating.

Thank you all for supporting and understanding , I love you besties :))